Skip to content

JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Contacts & Jobs

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

128 results found

1. Customized Templates for Contact/Job ID #'s

Our company numbers our jobs using this template: Job#STLYear. For example, 205STL15. Can you make it possible to customize the numbering format for jobs and contacts? Or make it possible to manually enter contact numbers like we can for jobs?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can set up custom IDs for Contacts, Jobs, and more from the General tab in your Settings.

You should be able to paste in the following to get exactly what you need (for a contact, for example):

{{contactid}}STL{{YY}}

And for Jobs:

{{jobid}}STL{{YY}}

Let me know if that works or not!

2. Budget Permission Controls

I like the budget feature, but would like to be able to 'lock' it from the sales reps and anyone else who doesn't need to edit it. The reason for this request is because admin's should be the only one's to have access to adjust the budget or commissions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 'Download All' Button for Attachments

Add a way to download all attachments into a zip folder with click of one button.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you use the “Share” option on a job or contact, it will send a link to the recipient(s) of your choice. That link will provide access to a “Download All” button which can be used to get all the files from the contact or job downloaded in a single zip folder.

4. An API

It would be great to have a simple web service that we could send requests to to get back information on jobs, contacts, estimate and invoice totals, etc. This would allow interested 3rd parties to build plugins, etc for outlook and other softwares.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll do you one better: We already have an API, so any software can integrate with us, we’ll just send them the documentation.

But we just released an integration with Zapier that automatically connects JobNimbus to 750+ apps and services without any additional work!

Have fun, and send any other companies our way for any specific integrations.

5. Google Maps Instead of MapQuest

Love the map view in calendar, just wish it would open in Google Maps instead of MapQuest.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add existing contact to job without opening job

Right now to add an existing contact to a job you need to open the job, there is no quick drop down menu. The quick add drop down of "add contact" should let you choose existing or new

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Aha! You can already do this, then. When you’re on the job, just hit “Edit” on that job and in the “Related Contacts” field, start typing your contact’s name.

If the contact is there, you can select them, but if not you’ll see the option “Add New”. Click on that, then fill in the contact and, when you save, it will add that contact as a related contact to the job’s edit menu, then just save that job again and you’re done!

7. Show more than 10 jobs or contacts in the list

Allow the user to change the default job and contact list view to show more than a count of 10.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While this isn’t an option at this time for built-in Jobs and Contacts lists, you can set up custom reports in order to do this.

Go to Reports and create a Contact or Job report. Here, you can select the number of records per page. Make your preferred selection, add any other columns or filters, and then save the report. You can then add that report to your dashboard with whatever length you chose.

8. Ability to Show Age on Board Cards

It would be nice to see right on the card in boards how many days a contact or job has been in its workflow status.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. better cognative skills. Having to input information on customer profiles for no reason it seems

Why doesn't the program automatically know to add, let's say, an adjuster, as a contact, auu7imatically? COnsidering it asks for their name and phone number and the name of the company they work for...these should me all of the things needed tpo have that contact created. Also, wouldn't that person be a "related contact?" It seems like all this typing of information into the system two, three, and four times, is pretty redundant. In addition,; why should we have to go in and create a calendar task for an adjuster appointment, to remind the salesperson of it on their calendar,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you still experiencing these issues? We want to make sure you’re not having to do all the double entry you described, since that certainly isn’t the way we’ve designed the system. Let us know how we can help if you still need some!

The only thing you need to be able to save a new contact is OR a First Name OR a Last Name OR a Company Name. You don’t need to input any other info on the Add Contact screen before hitting “Save”. We do this to save you the time and hassle, when it isn’t necessary.

JobNimbus can’t know to add an adjuster because it doesn’t know which adjuster to add and, if the adjuster isn’t added as a contact, then it can’t know who that adjuster is to add him or her.

JobNimbus relates contacts automatically when you create a new Job from the action…

10. Search by Company

I would really like to see a feature that I could see it searched by company instead of contact. I usually only deal with 1-2 people at a company not 30-40 so searching and having it company based would be much better!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A country tab -under creating a contact

I have clients all over the world so I need to have a tab that I don't have to select a "state". Even if it is just a space to type in a country

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you go into Settings from your name at the top right and stay on the General tab (open automatically), you can check the box for “Enable International Support” and it will allow you to select different countries, which provides provinces and states for other countries.

That will help alleviate having to add a state when you have contacts from other countries.

Let us know if you’re still unsure about this!

12. task history

Not sure if we are missing something. When we complete a task it disappears from the contact and we have no record of it ever existing on the contact screen. I wish there was a Task History tab or an option under Task to show completed. This would be helpful for an admin person to see what has been done with this client when having a phone conversation with them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do this! To see completed tasks (or both incomplete and completed together), click the Search (magnifying glass) icon at the top of the Tasks grid and you’ll see a dropdown to see Incomplete, Completed, and Both.

Whatever you set here will remain the default for everywhere you go on your user account on JobNimbus. Each user can set this grid to their own preference.

Enjoy!

13. Tabs for multiple clients/records open at the same time

It would be nice to have multiple clients open at once. It would same time while waiting for documents/attachments to load, I could be working in another "file." In my other web/CRM, when you click on the client, it opens them in a new tab. This is very helpful because I can work on different clients simultaneously, while also going back to my main page/contact list, should I be interrupted with a phone call and need to look someone else.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now right click on the text in search results to open other records in different tabs, and all are properly titled so you won’t get confused which is which.

We have plans for the future to make this functionality even better, but this should be a great start for multi-tasking and making sure you don’t have to leave your work if you get a call or need to cross-reference something really quickly.

14. Attach Photos to Invoices

I would like to be able to email or print out invoices with the pictures I have attached in a job/contact.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "Open in new tab/window" option from search results

I love how the tabs are now labeled with the person's name, makes switching between tabs very easy. The only way to still be able to "right click" and then select open tab in new window seems to be from the main contact screen. There needs to be an easier way to search through the contacts, right now i have to sort by last name and then search page by page. It would be helpful to have a search box at the top so it can pull up a list without manually going through each page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Access/Save naturalForms via Jobs, not just Contacts

The link to naturalForms is great. However, nearly all of the forms we need to capture are for the actual project (job). I'm hoping you can fit this enhancement in soon. Until then we will be manually saving forms to the contact as an attachment, downloading the attachment to the device, then resaving the file as an attachment under the job.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow a user custom boolean field in Automation for Jobs and Contacts

This would allow to trigger an automation based on whatever we would want. For examples: A field called "Send Lead Rule Letter" once checked yes on a job would trigger an email to customer with a document or we can make a field call "Send appointment Email" for Contact once checked could send an email confirming appointment time. Etc... We can make a lot of automations happen with Jobs and Contacts not do able now with Just Types and Status

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Notes and activities

i find myself searching for tasks and contacts for the notes my crews are making. If they make a phone call note, for instance, why wouldn't that go under the job notes instead of just the contact they called? It would be helpful to be able to scroll through job notes to see all the task notes, contact notes and job notes since these notes are all related to the job anyways and not just in individual task or contact person.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. entering in contacts

It seems as though it would make things much easier if the job you entered could be linked with a customer instead of entering all the job info in then having to add the customer contact, then attaching the contact to the job. A simple check box stating that the info being entered for the job is the customer instead of having to enter the exact same information twice in a row.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Have you been able to figure this one out? You shouldn’t have to enter the same information twice, as JobNimbus will do that for you if you do things in the right order. Reply here if you still need help!

Most JobNimbus users do one of two things:

1. Create the contact, and then hit “Add Job” from the contact. This automatically pulls in all the customer info into the Job, so you don’t have to do the double entry.

2. Turn off Jobs. If you don’t do a lot of repeat work, sometimes just running the job from the Contact instead works better and you reduce the necessity of running two different objects. If you think Jobs is expendable on your account, you can do everything from the Contact that you can do on Jobs, so this is another option.

We’re looking into other ways that we can improve…

20. Contact/Job Details included in Note Emails

when emailing a note from the activity tab, it would be helpful if the email autopopulated and it said which contact/client record it was coming from. So, if I am sending someone a phone message that says client called wants you to call him back, the contact information would already be attached w/o having to retype it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Contacts & Jobs

Categories