Skip to content

JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Contacts & Jobs

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

128 results found

1. add a field to contact so we could enter information to tie this to leads from various sources, etc job #s.

I would like to have a job # field to enter the third party reference for a lead to reconcile this to invoices we receive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Melanie,

In the General tab of Account Settings, you can turn off the auto-job numbering system and then enter any job number (alpha and numeric) you need.

Having done that, you could enter job numbers with this type of source info. Then it would be easy to report on them as well.

Also, be sure to use the “Source” field on the job and/or contact to track lead sources as they can easily be set up to add more items as you need.

Let me know if this helps and if I can guide you through this process.

-Brad

2. Ability to set the records per page amount for jobs, tasks and contacts on Dashboard

I would like to be able to set my default view of contacts, tasks and Jobs to 100 for example and have it stay that way.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In our 1.12 update, you can now customize the Contacts and Jobs grids with how many records per page you’d like to show. Just use the Action Menu on the grid, hit Customize, and set the amount of records to show.

Let me know if you need help getting your grids customized!

For more info on v1.12, head over to our blog: http://bit.ly/1eM9pEt

-Brad

3. Filter Contacts by Status under contacts tab on Dashboard

I would like to filter contacts by status on the dashboard. Like on the Task where you can choose incomplete, complete or both. It would be nice to filter leads, quoted, etc. If you have 100 contacts it is hard to see their status.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove case sensitivity for Types and Statuses on Import Contacts

when importing contacts the contact type and contact status are case sensitive just to let you know this may be an ongoing issue if you leave it this way but I was ultimately able to import contacts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve removed case sensitivity on several of our fields during import. This should make things easier for you going forward.

Let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make JobNimbus better for you.
    -
    Brad Hodson
    JobNimbus Support
    855-964-6287

5. Customized fields

I would like to customize the fields so we can change or delete the names of certain fields within the job or contact. For example, If I wanted to change the fax number to phone number or a field for contact name.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added Custom Fields for Contacts and Jobs in our 1.9.6 update released yesterday. You can add Text, Date, Number, and Decimal fields to your forms to track any info that you need.

We’ll also be adding more field types in future updates so be sure to follow our blog and JobNimbus on your favorite social channel for when we announce those.

More about Custom Fields and the v1.9.6 update here: http://bit.ly/16L705I

-Brad

6. do 3 things...

1) import multiple contacts from csv into a customized form
    2) provide a tab for new sales "LEADS"
    3) provide a sales funnel to show projected revenue

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tim,

1) You can import contacts from CSV using the ‘Import Contacts’ link at the bottom left of the Add Contact popup. If you need Custom Fields beyond what we currently have, those are coming in our next release (very soon).

2) This can easily be accomplished with a custom Report. Just create a new Contact Report and filter by the contact type “Is Lead” and you’ll have that list.

3) The September release will have the sales pipeline report built into the system and should do exactly what you need here.

If you’d like, I’d be happy to show you how these all work in a quick demo. Let me know if this is something you’d like to do and we’ll set it up.

Thanks Tim!

7. Enable multiple contact selection, edit, deletion

I imported a list of contacts and teh number formats just didn't work with what you allow in that field. So I wanted to delete them all and reimport in a different format. Unfortunately I had to delete each one manually and then reimport, very tiresome!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In v1.14, we added a bulk edit feature that allows you to delete the records of any report that you create.

Just use the report builder to create a report by filtering only the records you wish to delete, then use the gear icon and select “Bulk Edit” to delete all the records on the report.

For more info on this feature and the v1.14 update, please see our blog: bit.ly/1qXgofb
    -
    Brad
    JobNimbus Support
    support@jobnimbus.com

8. Enable editing of phone number formats

I've imported multiple contacts from CSV and the phone format makes no sense for my country. It's trying to tell me the last digit is an ext when it's just part of the normal mobile phone number. There are not enough digits to include a country code without having teh number run into the extension area.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

v1.14 includes international support for phone numbers, currency, and dates. You can change your country settings in your Account Settings > General tab to use this feature.

Please let me know if you need help getting this set up. For more info on v1.14, see our blog: http://ow.ly/uH2aT

-
    Brad
    JobNimbus Support
    855-9-NIMBUS

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brett,

We’ve added TaskCount to new Report Builder (Beta) so you can see which Contacts have or don’t have a task assigned to them.

Let me know if you need any help finding this in Report Builder or if I can help out in any way.

More on the v1.9.6 update here: http://bit.ly/16L705I

-Brad

10. Archive Jobs that are completed

When a job and contact is completed it would be nice if we could archive the job and contact so it doesn't clutter up the Pages, Options to Archive Contacts and Jobs associated with them would be nice when they are completed, my screens are becoming very cluttered.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bug

When I look at a contact's address, the state of Texas shows up as the number 44 instead of the name Texas

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Manager (user)

I have 2 Sales Managers that will be over seeing a group of 3-5 Sales Representatives. Is there away to have these 2 sales managers see only there assigned reps contacts and jobs?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve released our new Report Builder in Beta with the 1.9.5 update last week. Using this new tool, you can easily create reports to see information on sales reps and just about anything else.

For more info on the new Report Builder, see our blog: http://bit.ly/11TXXSb

If you have any questions or would like help setting up a report, please feel free to call or email our support@jobnimbus.com email.

13. Email Integration

Send and Receive Emails within Job Nimbus to keep track of email communications between contacts and jobs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

UPDATE: Emails now maintain paragraph breaks in order to look more professional.

We will be adding more features in the coming months to improve this feature. I’ll update here when changes are made.

Please keep the feedback coming!

-Brad

14. I need to delete the entire contact file.

Contacts imported incorrectly. I need to delete all contacts and start over. How do I do this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry about that. I’ve reset your account and you should have received an email with login information. Be sure to change the password and if you would like help with importing your contacts, we would be glad to assist.

Shoot us an email (support@jobnimbus.com) or give us a call at 855-964-6287 and we’ll help you get set up.

15. Sorting by Contact Type

I have forgotten if there was a way to sort contacts by type (vendor, customer, etc) - it would ne nice just to hit the type column header and have them all sort

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Estimates with customers contact info

Estimates and Invoices and Workorderd should have the customers contact information on it as well as Terms.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have just pushed this feature into our Estimates and Invoices in v1.9.4 last night. Now addresses are included on the PDF estimate or invoice.

Please let us know if you have any issues or any other ideas to make the feature better.

For more info on v1.9.4, see our blog: http://bit.ly/10DLRtV

17. Alphabetize Contact types in dropdown box

When I go to the dropdown box to apply a new contact type I note that it lists the type in the chronological order I created the type in. I was purposely being uniform in naming the types so that it would group like types together because I assumed that the types would show up in the contact list alphabetically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you pointed out, the list is automatically sorted in order of Date Created. However, you can rearrange these in any order you would like at any time.

Just go to Account > Settings, head over to the tabs for Contact Type, Status, etc, and drag and drop the list items to reorder them however works best for your workflow.

If you need more help with this, be sure to let us know and we’ll be more than happy.

Thank you!

18. Recent Activity.

My sales reps (users) can see all "recent activity" of all other sales reps. I thought only users were able to see there own contacts job tasks etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. View assigned sales reps under contacts tab

It would be helpful for the Admin to view each sales reps contacts/job/tasks/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jason,

We’ve added our new Report Builder in our latest update, which will make this report much easier to create and manage.

You can try it out by selecting “Reports (Beta)” from the left menu and creating a new contact report, customize and save, then by adding it to your dashboard.

Please let us know if this works out for you, and we will be making more changes to this as we go, including the ability to customize the grid on the Contacts tab.

20. Purge Tasks & Jobs when "contact" is deleted.

This morning I was emailed about a task I needed to complete on a contact we removed from the system. This was just a demonstration contact we added during setup and practice and I know in the real world we would mark the lead as dead or "lost" but in some situations or in the real world we would want these removed completely along with any appointments or tasks. Giving it even more thought we may want to save any documents or past schedules we had with the contact so hiding it may more logical. Then if need be we…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our 1.12 update, we’ve added customization to the Contacts and Jobs grids. Now you can customize your Jobs and Contacts grids with a Filter set to filter out jobs in “Is Closed” statuses (Completed, Deleted, etc.)

That way, if you ever need to reference this data again, you’ll have it.

For more info on v1.12, head over to our blog: http://bit.ly/1eM9pEt

-Brad

• Don't see your idea?

Contacts & Jobs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base