JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Integrations

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable two-way sync of active / archived statuses of jobs & customers to QuickBooks

I noticed that a lot of my Jobs and Customers are archived in JobNimbus, but still active in my synced Quickbooks Online company. JobNimbus needs the ability to make customers and jobs automatically go "inactive" on Quickbooks when their status becomes "archived" on JobNimbus.

This is important because I'm integrating Tsheets with Quickbooks and there is too much clutter due to inactive jobs/customers as employees have to clock-in on an active job. After using JobNimbus for less than a year, I already have 1500 customers to sort-through manually on QuickBooks and am concerned that I'd also have to re-activate those…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bookkeeping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quickbooks A/P sync

We had expected it would have this feature as our last project management software did. We need to know our cost for each job before we can know what to bill the customer. Now we need to enter the information in both places. It takes more time than ever.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bookkeeping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We apologize that this wasn’t clear and that this is causing you more work. Definitely not something we want to do!

We have plans to update the estimating and budget systems to help you cost out your jobs better, that will help.

We’ll let you know when that becomes available!

3. TSheets Integration for Time Tracking

For total project management it would be nice to sync with tsheets for time keeping in the field. We currently use tsheets and it works well but doesnt sync with JN

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Bookkeeping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multi-Location support for QuickBooks Online

We have 2 companies - 2 sets of QB online 1 for each company. Was excited to see that I could have 2 companies/locations within JobNimbus, but that excitement went away when I went to sync with my books and found out it wasn't an option to sync WI Customers with WI books and IA customers with IA books. If you would be a little thought behind this I think you would find it would not be to difficult to sync 1 location in Job Nimbus to one QB online log in and the other location to another QB online…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Bookkeeping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sync Budgets/Job Costs With Quickbook

So all appropriate parties could see actual current expenses to compare to their job budgets.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  8 comments  ·  Bookkeeping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. more date ranges for syncing with quickbooks

We had to unsync with quickbooks, then re-sync because we moved the QB file to a different computer. The only options for date ranges to re-sync once the programs were talking were by months, when I only needed the previous 1-2 weeks synced up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability To Sync With Quickbooks In Multi-User Mode

Right now we have to be in single user mode in order to sync. We have 4 people in Quickbooks all the time doing reconciliation, bank charges ect.

It would be great if we can stay in multi user mode and still sync.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bookkeeping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. more options for integrations with QB with JN (post date 1/24/17)

(1) It's great the JN allows us to choose which way to sync overall for QB with JN (QB to JN, JN to QB, or both ways) but it would be really nice if it was per each option. For example, I would like to have JN send contacts that have a contact type field as "client" to QB and JN to send Jobs to QB; however I want only QB to send JN estimates and invoices and purchase orders.

(2) I also don't understand why once the integration with JN and QB is established there is no way to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  4 comments  ·  Bookkeeping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sync JobNimbus ID # to Quickbooks

Job ID for Jobs, Contact ID for Customers, and vendors show within the notes on QuickBooks.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Import Estimates, Work Orders, Etc from Excel or other Estimating Program

I do most of my estimating in Excel or another Estimating program. It would be really nice to quickly import my estimates and work orders into JobNimbus rather than having to manually enter all of my takeoff amounts again.

In addition adding some more reporting capabilities like Job Cost Codes or Item Numbers (or even just custom fields) would make it easier to use with other accounting systems than QuickBooks. This is really the biggest thing holding us back from adding more departments to JobNimbus.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  6 comments  ·  Bookkeeping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sync Email Addresses with QuickBooks

Pull emails over from jobs in Quickbooks, or have a job specific email in JN that syncs to QB

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to Sync ONLY Jobs to QuickBooks (without Contacts)

JobNimbus currently can sync to Quickbooks online but it requires a match to contacts. This causes a problem when you only want to link jobs (including the jobs invoices, payments, and purchase orders) and therefore this along with the inability to unmatch and rematch jobs caused me to break my synchronization of the two softwares.

Recently QBO (We have their Plus version) launched PROJECTS and it is very helpful but I am not seeing the value still of syncing with JobNimbus.

QBO allows for up to 4 levels of subcustomers. JobNimbus allows for 2 levels.

QBO sets up best for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our experience with QuickBooks has been that there needs to be a parent record (in this case, Contacts) and we haven’t heard anything new on the development side from QuickBooks but it’s possible they made updates that change this.

Our dev team has been made aware and will investigate.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base