JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Financials

How can we improve the financials?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to price estimates with a blanket profit margin

example cost of 1 square of roofing installed is $177 the the profit margin is 49.5% = sales price calculated at $350 a square

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Page Breaks for template

The ability to insert a page break into a template. We have several templates that require a break. My boss is extremely frustrated.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Which templates are you wanting to add a page break to?

On certain forms, like an estimate, it seems like the page breaks would need to be conditional based on the number of line items, which would be quite tricky.

Thanks,
    Aaron

3. Auto Save Financials

auto save work. I spent over 2 hours working on an estimate, something happened and screen went back to main contact screen, all information entered was lost

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The ability to issue change orders.

It has Credit Memo's, a Change Order would be just the opposite to add material to an existing order.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Material Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Printer Friendly Pages

the digital world is great ans all but some things still need a paper being sent every now and then, however most pages within the application cannot be printed (you can but they are not acceptable) please fix

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ability to attach pdf to work order

Would like to be able to attach pdf's to Work Orders (currently can only attach photos). I have to either retype the entire scope into the work order or follow up every Work Order with an email attaching the scope. Sad face for the double work.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Job Costing between QBO & JN.

Job Costing between QBO & JN.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. better management of work order templates

It would be better to create and store work order templates that contain typically used list of parts in the Templates window. Currently you can make work order format templates, but you have to create a dummy contact and store work orders that are to be used to populate a new work order.
    Doing this in the Templates window makes it consistent with all other templates. I'd like to see something like "Work Order Content Templates" where you would create and edit them as needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More Comprehensive Estimates

Currently Using SumoQuote and the customer feedback is amazing. Please have the ability to combine all documents to show true value to customer. I have attached a simple example. I would be willing to pay an addtional total of $50/month for this feature. I already pay over $100/month with SumoQuote

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to combine several templates on to one estimate.

Ability to combine several templates on to one estimate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A commission sheet that i can print off for salesman

I really wish there was a section where I could print off a commission sheet for salesman. Right now I am building one in the budget form for them and then printing it. There is not a print button in this section and it makes it very difficult. We would also like the option of net profit.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Video upload to explain work orders to subs

Allow us to save videos. this will help when creating a WO we can show our subs exactly what we want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to translate items into other languages

For example, the ability to convert work orders from English to another language so the instructions are easier to understand from a non-English speaking worker.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Limit Payment methods per invoice

The current all or nothing option for turning on/off the payment button on the invoices could be tweaked to really make the function useful. I have some clients that I want to offer the payment option on the invoice for ACH/credit but I definitely have others I do not want to offer that option to. For example when I was using Zoho, they had a simple check box on the contacts profile to enable the "green payment" button. Id really like to see this implemented. Thanks.

Also, some job types (e.g. insurance) should only be offered ACH as a payment…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Totals for Labor & Material Cost shown when editing

The new labor and material split integration is great. However, not showing the total labor and total material at the bottom of the estimate (for us, not the customer) makes it very difficult to find what the totals are. We would have to add up each line item (sometimes 40 line items) to find the total labor cost and total material cost for each estimate. This makes tracking efficiency of estimates very hard when comparing estimate to actual.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 'Paid' Stamp on Paid Invoices

Paid stamp on paid in full invoices. This is not on the newer template, just the older one.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Easier way to add line items between other line items

Have you tried dragging and dropping a new item near the top of the page on a large 30 line or more estimate? It's tedious, and amazingly time consuming, especially since the browser doesn't auto scroll up and follow the dragged item with the cursor. When moving an item above the fold you have to drag it, then drop it, then scroll up, then drag it then drop it, then scroll up. It's like carrying a 100 lb gorilla that is too heavy to carry. So you have to keep setting him down take a breather then carry him again…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry you’ve had difficulties with this! We already have ideas formulating for improving this experience. We’ll do what we can to release those ideas when they’re ready!

18. Deposit Required Line for Estimates

Is there a way to add a Deposit Value on quotes.

So the sums total would look like this.

Quote Price $10,000.00
    TAX $500.00
    Sub Total $10,500.00
    Deposit Required $5,000.00
    Balance Due on Completion $5,500.00

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There isn’t a way to require a deposit at this time on the estimate, but you can add it as a line item and that will help in the meantime until we have more native support of this feature.

We’ll keep you posted!

19. Commissions Approval

It would be nice if a sales rep can enter a budget and commission request, then request approval. Management would need to pull a budget report with a filter for "unpaid commissions" to fix this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Collapse/Hide line items with zero quantity when saving, expand when editing

I attached screen shot. I created this material order template for internal use only. We don't/won't be using the JN material order to place orders with vendors. But we need a way for our Reps to input data for how many of certain items need to be ordered. These are mostly accessories and don't need any math conversion to determine the quantities. I created a super set template of the items the Reps have to fill quantities in when needed. All items are never needed. Be much nicer if the JN tool would automatically collapse items with zero quantity listed…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Material Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base