JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Financials

How can we improve the financials?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ability to attach pdf to work order

Would like to be able to attach pdf's to Work Orders (currently can only attach photos). I have to either retype the entire scope into the work order or follow up every Work Order with an email attaching the scope. Sad face for the double work.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. better management of work order templates

It would be better to create and store work order templates that contain typically used list of parts in the Templates window. Currently you can make work order format templates, but you have to create a dummy contact and store work orders that are to be used to populate a new work order.
    Doing this in the Templates window makes it consistent with all other templates. I'd like to see something like "Work Order Content Templates" where you would create and edit them as needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Video upload to explain work orders to subs

Allow us to save videos. this will help when creating a WO we can show our subs exactly what we want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Copy work orders or tasks

It would be extremely helpful to our business, if when you create a work order (or tasks), you can click on the ellipsis next to the work order (or task) and have an option to "copy" the work order. It would be such a huge time saver to create a copy and just go in and edit the items that you need to. Some jobs have multiple work orders assigned to the same people and only need slight modifications, compared to other similar work orders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to translate items into other languages

For example, the ability to convert work orders from English to another language so the instructions are easier to understand from a non-English speaking worker.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Connect design template to saved work orders

It would be really helpful when creating a new work order if when I select a design template that it would automatically choose an assigned "saved work order" so it autopopulates the work order outline below.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to attach EagleViews or Scope Reports to Work Orders

I see the awesome new feature that allows us to attach photos to work orders or material orders.

This would be great if it could extend to other documents in attachments. For instance; if we could attach the Eagle View along with the Roof Labor Order, it would be more efficient on our end!

I have seen that this idea has been "completed" but it only allows attachment of photos onto labor/material orders for me.....Does our version of Nimbus not support the new function?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Completely Customize Work Order Templates

While I've been able to customize the work orders to some degree, there are a few things that I would like to adjust and can't. Complete customization would be great!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Work Order design for sub contractors - contact info, signatures, etc.

We use our Work Order's as the contract with the SubContractors with terms and conditions for their scope of work. Having a contractor digital signature line would make that easier.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sales Orders/Work Orders report to track what's left, auto-complete when Invoice is created

QuickBooks has a great functionality that allows us to create a sales order from an estimate. There is a report that shows all open sales orders and the dollar value of each. When an invoice is created from that sales order the sales order is automatically closed and the sales order is no longer on the list. It is very important to us as the open sales order report keeps track of what jobs need to be completed and, more importantly, tells us how much work there is ahead of us.

If Job Nimbus could follow this same setup it…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Convert Invoice to Work Order, Other Combinations

Currently, If you convert and Estimate into an Invoice, you cannot update the same invoice if you have to revise the Estimate ( you have to generate a new invoice or update your existing invoice manually). This creates a problem if you revise the Invoice but then need to convert it into a work order, which you can only do from an estimate.

I suggest the option to update an invoice using an existing estimate (like how you can choose and estimate when generating a work order)
    AND/OR to have the ability to convert an invoice into a work order

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Work Order Amount Payable Summary

I would like to be able to see how much I owe on the work orders that are completed

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Link Work Order to Job Scheduling

If it would be possible to schedule a job directly from the work order, this would eliminate the double entry work of creating a work order and then scheduling the actual job/task.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Janice!

I’d like to know a bit more about what you’re looking for here. Is it that you want to be able to schedule on a work order (already possible) but have it pass over to the parent job (currently not possible)?

Let me know if that sounds about right or if I’ve got it wrong, and we’ll see what we can do to help out.

Thanks!
    -
    Brad
    JobNimbus Support
    855-964-6287

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base