Skip to content

JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Contacts & Jobs

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

128 results found

1. Tabs for multiple clients/records open at the same time

It would be nice to have multiple clients open at once. It would same time while waiting for documents/attachments to load, I could be working in another "file." In my other web/CRM, when you click on the client, it opens them in a new tab. This is very helpful because I can work on different clients simultaneously, while also going back to my main page/contact list, should I be interrupted with a phone call and need to look someone else.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now right click on the text in search results to open other records in different tabs, and all are properly titled so you won’t get confused which is which.

We have plans for the future to make this functionality even better, but this should be a great start for multi-tasking and making sure you don’t have to leave your work if you get a call or need to cross-reference something really quickly.

2. Allow a user custom boolean field in Automation for Jobs and Contacts

This would allow to trigger an automation based on whatever we would want. For examples: A field called "Send Lead Rule Letter" once checked yes on a job would trigger an email to customer with a document or we can make a field call "Send appointment Email" for Contact once checked could send an email confirming appointment time. Etc... We can make a lot of automations happen with Jobs and Contacts not do able now with Just Types and Status

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added Workflows in our 1.12 update released this week. Now you can set up different workflows for different Job and Contact Types, add statuses as the “triggers,” and set up Tasks and other events to be performed automatically upon Status change.

With this you could set a task to be created whenever a Contact or Job is added as “New” status, for instance.

To learn more about how to get set up, log into your JobNimbus account, click the “?” at the top right, and select “Workflow” from the list.

Let me know if you have any questions on how to get set up and I’d be happy to help!

Enjoy!

-Brad

4. Enable editing of phone number formats

I've imported multiple contacts from CSV and the phone format makes no sense for my country. It's trying to tell me the last digit is an ext when it's just part of the normal mobile phone number. There are not enough digits to include a country code without having teh number run into the extension area.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

v1.14 includes international support for phone numbers, currency, and dates. You can change your country settings in your Account Settings > General tab to use this feature.

Please let me know if you need help getting this set up. For more info on v1.14, see our blog: http://ow.ly/uH2aT

-
    Brad
    JobNimbus Support
    855-9-NIMBUS

5. Manager (user)

I have 2 Sales Managers that will be over seeing a group of 3-5 Sales Representatives. Is there away to have these 2 sales managers see only there assigned reps contacts and jobs?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve released our new Report Builder in Beta with the 1.9.5 update last week. Using this new tool, you can easily create reports to see information on sales reps and just about anything else.

For more info on the new Report Builder, see our blog: http://bit.ly/11TXXSb

If you have any questions or would like help setting up a report, please feel free to call or email our support@jobnimbus.com email.

6. Email Integration

Send and Receive Emails within Job Nimbus to keep track of email communications between contacts and jobs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

UPDATE: Emails now maintain paragraph breaks in order to look more professional.

We will be adding more features in the coming months to improve this feature. I’ll update here when changes are made.

Please keep the feedback coming!

-Brad

7. Trouble Entering Contact Information

When creating a new job and attempting to add a contact (or just by trying to add a contact without a job) all information is wiped after pressing "enter" and the page reloads with this error message:

"Please enter or choose a status."

I cannot select a status - there is no dropdown menu and it remains blank. Is this normal? Must a status be set up and chosen for every contact?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Edit labels assigned to Documents

It would be great if I could manage the labels / classifications applied to the documents.Similar in nature to the way Contacts and Jobs are labeled and classified using the Settings tab in the green title bar.

Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Version 1.9 resolved this issue. Please let us know if it is working for you as expected and be sure to let us know if you come up with anything else to add.

Thank you!
    -——
    Great suggestion! And apparently great minds think alike – this has already been built and will be in our 1.9 release that should come out in the next 2-3 weeks. We’ve also combined the “Documents” and “Photos” tabs into a single “Attachments” tab and included attachment support for Contacts as well.

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. name is deleted when you press enter

PLEASE make it so that when type a name in the search bar and press "enter" it stops deleting the information. This is an extremely frustrating design.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. multiple accounts under one customer

to allow for separate billing addres and multiple project addresses. is this covered under "jobs"?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. the ability to allow us to save an email attachment directly into JobNimbus instead of having to download the doc, then upload to JN

I want to cut my work in half by saving an attachment from an email directly to JobNimbus. NOT having to create a folder to save a file that comes to me via email, THEN having to get into JobNimbus and go back through “Add Attachment” to find the document in the file I created to store it and upload it to the customer’s efile.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great news. You can actually forward the emails to JobNimbus and they will attach to the contact. Here is a Knowledge Base article about that. https://support.jobnimbus.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005449803-Emailing-Attachments-to-a-Contact-or-Job

If you need additional help getting this to work you can contact support at support@jobnimbus.com.

If this isn’t what you need, please let us know so we can adjust the ticket.

Thanks!

13. focused on basic user functionality first and then worried about the bells & whistles

Bit odd that you have to re-sort every time you go back to Contacts. I toggle quite a bit between dashboard, jobs and contacts and have to resort contacts every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your submission! This particular item is a feature, rather than a bug. Our reports on the dashboard are able to be sorted on the fly without affecting their saved sorting. In order to save the sorting, you will need to go edit the specific report and then save the new sorting so that it remains how you always want to see it.

If you need help with this process, our support team will be glad to assist! Please contact them at support@jobnimbus.com or 855-964-6287.

Please also let us know about anything else that isn’t working for you and we’ll see what we can do to get it fixed!

14. Contact Names no longer autopopulate

With the addition of "Display Name" in the customer screen, we've noticed a change.

Previously, when you are in the job screen and type a customer name (in related contact field), you are prompted with similar matches or the "Add New" button. When you clicked "Add New" the New Customer screen would come up with the first and last name already filled in (Based on what you put in the "related contact" field on the job screen.

Now, when you click on "Add New", the first and last name fields are blank. This is awkward if you've just asked a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Date new customer field

Every CRM I've ever looked at has this. And the really lame Start Due date thing that takes up tons of real estate and was obviously something custom for a customer more important than us is not the answer. Fact is, I would think a new customer should be date stamped when first entered and that data show up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve had this from day 1. If you go to any contact and look at the bottom of the Workflow column in the Contact info section at the top, you’ll see who created the contact, on what day, and at what time.

You can also use the Date Created, column, filter, and sorting in Reports, or you could sort by Date Created on boards.

If you have further questions, please contact support@jobnimbus.com or call 855-964-6287 and they’ll be able to guide you through how to maximize this field.

16. an exportable email address list for all customers

Can JN generate an email list by customer name that can be exported to gmail or outlook?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, you can export your contacts email addresses! You can create a Contact Report and add in the Email column. You can add any other filters here that you need, or change the other columns as necessary, and then you can save that report and use the ••• icon at the top of the report to choose Export to Excel or CSV. CSV should be able to be imported as a list of emails into Gmail or Outlook.

If you’re looking to do several emails to send out to your customers, I would also suggest looking into our integration with Zapier to connect to services like MailChimp or ConstantContact. Alternatively, you could send your JobNimbus contacts to Google as well using Zapier. This could allow you to automate the process and, if you use the two services mentioned above you can send automatic campaigns at certain stages in your…

17. Instant news feed and notification

I wish jobnimbus could notify me when sale reps make changes to a customer, job or created any new task or notes. I cant see what my sale reps are up to. Its not notifying me of status change or notes that have been added, anyway the administrator can get notify of updates and notes without being tag?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Along with the Recent Activity feed on the left sidebar in the web app, you can also create an Activity Report in Reports to see all activity in the account for a given date range (and add that to your dashboard for easy viewing) or you can check out the Team Activity Report to see a summary of what each team member is doing.

If you have further questions, please contact support@jobnimbus.com or call 855-964-6287 for assistance.

Thanks!

18. Simple Contact Creation that showed on the calendar as a task

When you create a contact you are asked to schedule a date and time and a status as appointment or lead. You are asked to assign it to someone. Then, after having added it to the calendar as a contact you are then required to create the same set of information again as a task.

Add a "add as task" button so that when you create a customer they are automatically added as a task as well. This will end a very stupid redundancy and a chance for missing appointments because someone created a contact and didn't double down as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not clear on what you mean by having to add a task with the same due date.

If you add a date and time to the Contact screen when adding or editing a contact, it will show that contact on the Calendar. If those contacts are not showing up, you need to check the boxes for those Contact Types in the left side panel of the calendar so they are showing rather than hidden.

You should not need to be redundant with scheduling, as long as you’re viewing the calendar with the right settings and adding the due date/time to the contacts.

For further assistance, contact support (support@JobNimbus.com or 855-964-6287).

19. attachment

View an attachment like PDF or Image on the website instead of download it every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add related contacts to work orders including contact information

Be able to add related contacts to the work order that include name and contact information

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you create the Work Order from a Contact, it will use that as the parent record, or “Related Contact”, and if you create it from a Job then it will use that Job instead.

However, the Work Order is still able to show Contact info from the Related Contact of that Job when that info is set up in the Work Order template.

For further assistance, contact our support team at 855-964-6287 or support@JobNimbus.com.

• Don't see your idea?

Contacts & Jobs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base