JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Financials

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Select Default Template

User would like to set a default template so that he can quickly create financial documents with a pre-determined default to save time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Page Breaks for template

The ability to insert a page break into a template. We have several templates that require a break. My boss is extremely frustrated.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Which templates are you wanting to add a page break to?

On certain forms, like an estimate, it seems like the page breaks would need to be conditional based on the number of line items, which would be quite tricky.

Thanks,
    Aaron

3. More customizable Templates

I would like to be able to build a static template for our site visits that would populate from JN. I would like to be able to format it similar to the estimate form (with the different text boxes), but I can't manipulate all those areas and when I try to build a 'Document Template, there is no way to create those text boxes like the ones in the estimate template. it's frustrating because it's a simple word feature under the Developer tab, but I have to pay some other app to be able to do it here in JN.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set Payment Due

On our templates for invoicing I would like to be able to sent payment due upon receipt currently it is set for net 15 and cannot be changed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Carry price updates over to templates

When product pricing is changed in the master product list the pricing doesn't change in the templates. You have to recreate each template, which seems like it kinda defeats the purpose of having the templates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. the ability to copy existing saved estimate and work order templates.

Creating a new template is pretty easy. That said, we have created some fairly complex templates and would like to build new templates off those that have been saved rather than starting from scratch. Basically, we need a 'save as' option when we edit an existing saved template.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. a way to easily insert new line items

I have a long template estimate and if i want to add a line item i have to go all the way to the bottom add the item, and drag it back to the top so its in order.

If there was a way to insert a line item directly under another one instead of going to the bottom of the page, that would speed up the estimate writing process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Being able to store contracts as template types and having customer signature options so we can send it, they could sign and send back.

Being able to store contracts as template types and having customer signature options so we can send it, they could sign and send back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. use different templates in additional section

I like to write multi phase Estimates showing pricing for each aspect of a project. Like Roof, Siding, Soffit, Gutters. This allows the customer to see total job and phase pricing and decide the best route for them. I don't see a way currently to blend multiple templates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to Restrict or Password Protect Editing of Templates

We need the ability to restrict who can edit a saved template (not a Design Template, as we already know a restriction exists for those), either through the access profiles or through password protection. This would have to be a restriction that is separate from the current restrictions, because there are people that still have the need to create and edit documents (estimates, material orders, etc.) by using and modifying the template for that particular instance, without needing the ability to edit the saved template itself. Our saved templates have been inadvertently modified due to lack of this separate restriction,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Deleting images inside template Library

How do we delete images on email template library?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Headers and Footers in Document Templates

It would be great if the template maker had an option for headers/footers or if it went page by page instead of one continuous document being split up wherever the paper ends. Every time we have to make change in the document it throws off the entire format because our headers/footers that we have to insert manually wherever the page should begin and end get split.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Signatures on Emailed Estimates

It would save us a lot of time if we could put our signature on estimates as an image. That way a customer can print it, sign it and mail it to us with a check. It would also be nice if we could have them digitally sign the estimate, especially for customers paying by credit card. That way everything is contained within JobNimbus.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re in the field, you can already get estimates signed using the 2.0 version of our mobile app. No setup is required, just open the estimate PDF from the app and use the option to “Add Signature”.

You can get a signature on estimates using our Document Builder, but it’s an old system and will be replaced when we get a better signature system built into the web platform. Stay tuned for that!

16. better template fields

Could we please be able to insert our reps phone numbers and email addresses into documents?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. option to insert a field that is the hyperlink back to the contact/job.

Sometimes we use automation to send emailed alerts via a template. Currently the templates allow for a lot of different options for field inserts but I did not see any option to choose the hyperlink for the contact or job anywhere. This would be a very useful addition for us because then when an user receives an alert, they can click on the hyperlink to open the contact/job in a new tab. This will both save time and make emailed automation notifications easier to use!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More control of editing estimate templates

I am trying to edit an estimate template and would like to edit the name of it to reflect what I am using it for but can only edit items. Also, would be nice to be able to duplicate a template as I can use various template versions of exterior door install, include paint/stain, install trim or not, etc etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Editable form / table builder / checklist builder

A simple spreadsheet like form/table (editable columns/rows) with ability to insert dropdowns/text/checkboxes, etc in columns - so that we can create checklists for our crews and support personnel. Your table insert tool in the templates section almost does it - except we don't have full flexibility to modify/insert different functions.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base