JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Financials

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use multiple templates in one estimate

We have very detailed and exhaustive estimate templates built that save us a lot of time creating our estimates. However, sometimes we want to create a separate section in the estimate for a different type of work, etc. It would be great if we could load another template in under that section heading, but as it is now, we just have to build it line by line from that point on.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to add signature line to estimate template (with page breaks!)

We send out a LOT of estimates every year, so it would be extremely cumbersome to generate a new document each time someone approves an estimate in order to create a contract. Instead, we add our contract language to every proposal and have signature lines at the bottom. In most cases, this runs onto two or more pages so we include the estimate number for easy reference below the signature.

That said, we need the customers to be able to esign!! Can we please add this functionality to estimates? It would be extremely helpful to also add pagebreaks to help…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to price estimates with a blanket profit margin

example cost of 1 square of roofing installed is $177 the the profit margin is 49.5% = sales price calculated at $350 a square

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. COMBINE MULTIPLE ESTIMATES IN ONE INVOICE

COMBINE MULTIPLE ESTIMATES IN ONE INVOICE

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Subject line for Invoices

A way to edit the subject line when emailing an invoice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adjust Item Amount on Estimates and Invoices

Quickbooks Online allows the total of each line item to be manually entered so that the Line Item price is adjusted accordingly. As it is if I sell a job for an eaven amount rather than exact amount according to Qty x Price, I must then go into Quickbooks Online and adjust the total and then wait for it to sync back to JobNimbus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Invoice informing users that only a portion is due now.

A way to send an invoice and inform customers that only a portion of the invoice is due now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hide the "Item" Column on Estimate Templates

I'd like the ability to not have the item name visible on an estimate sent to the customer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Should add a profit margin slider

There should be a spot where we can add a discount with both percentage and dollar amount.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Auto Save

Ridiculous that there is no autosave feature. Multiple hours into an estimate and everything was lost because a tab was accidentally pushed ( just next to a slide bar mind you ). This has happened multiple times...add in a burp in your wifi connection and once again all work is lost.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adding Sections to estimate

I have requested this before, but couldn't find it to see status. Any way So I add a section and need to add description. The way it is set up now it is hard to see if I have my wording correct, spelling correct description complete etc. So what I do is open notepad type my description then copy and paste into the estimate. i've attached a screenshot of sections in the previous software I used. It would be great if we could do something similar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to duplicate estimates and save under a different job

It should be a no brainier but it's impossible! I have multiple jobs that I need to create a similar estimate for. I don't want to create an estimate template. I just want to duplicate the estimate and assign to a different job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Invoice Term: "Due Upon Completion" and/or "TBD" and/or "Net##" Without a Specific Date

We register a deposit from the customer, the customer wants a receipt, there is no way to email a payment confirmation right? We have to email an Invoice, correct? Well the Invoice only allows for a specific date as the due date, or "Due Upon Receipt (of the Invoice)". We don't know when the actual install is going to happen, so we need "Due Upon Completion" and/or "TBD" and/or "Net##" Without a Specific Date.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adding items

It would be nice if I didn't have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page each time I want to enter a new item or service. It get aggravating when the quote has many sections and items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sections

It would be great if the sections on estimates were set up to where you had a separate box for section title and a description box for the details. and the detail box opened up so you could see in entirety what you are typing. I will insert a screen shot of the system I used before.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Split Cell for Financial Document over Multiple Pages

If a financial document is created and the contents of the one of cells of that document are too large to fit on the page with existing content, it moves the whole cell to another page, potentially creating a very large gap.

It would be great if the cell broke up across multiple pages like it would do in an application like Microsoft Word for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Deposits/Installments Based on Percentage

When you create an invoice and accept a payment from the customer, you currently need to put in a dollar amount.

It would be nice to have an option to use a percentage of the total for the deposit/installment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. on invoice and work order pages

could i get the phone number and email address on the invoice just under the name and address of client ??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow attachments/pictures to be added to estimates

<p>Allow attachments/pictures to be added to estimates. Be able to customize a message before emailing invoice, etc.</p>

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base