Skip to content

JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Contacts & Jobs

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

128 results found

1. syncing Quickbooks based on job status, not contact status

I would like to be able to sync to QB using job status, not contact status. We have multiple jobs for certain contacts, and need to be able to sync each job separately since they have their own invoice and data. Currently we are unable to use the QB sync at all even though we are set up for it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Similar to how you can set the QuickBooks sync using statuses on the Contact Workflows, you can set the same sync settings for your Jobs by going to the Jobs Workflows tab in Settings and editing the workflows there.

Each status has a checkbox, and JobNimbus will only sync a job to QuickBooks when you arrive at the first status that is checked for the sync. If you have a “Lead” status on your job workflow, then you could leave this unchecked, but if you have a “Sold” or “Invoiced” that you want sent to QuickBooks, you can have that one checked so that it starts sending the job over to QB at that stage of the process.

As long as the Contact is already synced over to QB, the job will sync at the corresponding stage according to your settings.

If you need help setting this up, let us…

2. Required Custom Fields

I wish we could make certain contact or job fields mandatory so you have to get certain info to complete a new contact.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You now have a “Required” checkbox when adding Custom Fields so you can force it to require data to be entered or an option to be selected with the new Drop Down (Options List).

More details coming to our blog and newsletter soon! Enjoy!

3. Ability to Duplicate (Contacts, Jobs)

As certain jobs are duplicated (i.e. repeats), it would be great to have a function that enabled duplication of jobs when creating a 'new' job rather than having to reenter the data.

Sometimes we need to add another contact from the same company, so duplicating all info and related items, etc and just changing the name.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  22 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Warn before adding a "duplicate contact"

Don't let anyone add a "duplicate contact" to prevent conflicts and duplicate entries. Possibly for jobs, too.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In our latest update, we added a duplicate contact checker that looks at the First and Last name of the contact you’re adding and provides suggestions for possible duplicates. We’ll have more information on our blog soon, as well as in a newsletter, so stay tuned.

Enjoy!

5. Contact & Job Merging

Is there a way to merge 2 or more contacts together

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Bekah Eldridge responded

Update!!
    We have released the Merge Contacts feature!! You are now able to merge contacts into each other.

If you want to vote on merging Jobs together as we haven’t added that yet you can vote on this suggestion here. Those of you who commented about merging jobs we have already added as watchers and votes for this:
    https://jobnimbus.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/39124570/

If you are interested in Contacts converting to Jobs you can vote on that feature here:
    https://jobnimbus.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/38667151/

6. focused on basic user functionality first and then worried about the bells & whistles

Bit odd that you have to re-sort every time you go back to Contacts. I toggle quite a bit between dashboard, jobs and contacts and have to resort contacts every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your submission! This particular item is a feature, rather than a bug. Our reports on the dashboard are able to be sorted on the fly without affecting their saved sorting. In order to save the sorting, you will need to go edit the specific report and then save the new sorting so that it remains how you always want to see it.

If you need help with this process, our support team will be glad to assist! Please contact them at support@jobnimbus.com or 855-964-6287.

Please also let us know about anything else that isn’t working for you and we’ll see what we can do to get it fixed!

7. Contact Names no longer autopopulate

With the addition of "Display Name" in the customer screen, we've noticed a change.

Previously, when you are in the job screen and type a customer name (in related contact field), you are prompted with similar matches or the "Add New" button. When you clicked "Add New" the New Customer screen would come up with the first and last name already filled in (Based on what you put in the "related contact" field on the job screen.

Now, when you click on "Add New", the first and last name fields are blank. This is awkward if you've just asked a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Date new customer field

Every CRM I've ever looked at has this. And the really lame Start Due date thing that takes up tons of real estate and was obviously something custom for a customer more important than us is not the answer. Fact is, I would think a new customer should be date stamped when first entered and that data show up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve had this from day 1. If you go to any contact and look at the bottom of the Workflow column in the Contact info section at the top, you’ll see who created the contact, on what day, and at what time.

You can also use the Date Created, column, filter, and sorting in Reports, or you could sort by Date Created on boards.

If you have further questions, please contact support@jobnimbus.com or call 855-964-6287 and they’ll be able to guide you through how to maximize this field.

9. an exportable email address list for all customers

Can JN generate an email list by customer name that can be exported to gmail or outlook?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, you can export your contacts email addresses! You can create a Contact Report and add in the Email column. You can add any other filters here that you need, or change the other columns as necessary, and then you can save that report and use the ••• icon at the top of the report to choose Export to Excel or CSV. CSV should be able to be imported as a list of emails into Gmail or Outlook.

If you’re looking to do several emails to send out to your customers, I would also suggest looking into our integration with Zapier to connect to services like MailChimp or ConstantContact. Alternatively, you could send your JobNimbus contacts to Google as well using Zapier. This could allow you to automate the process and, if you use the two services mentioned above you can send automatic campaigns at certain stages in your…

10. Simple Contact Creation that showed on the calendar as a task

When you create a contact you are asked to schedule a date and time and a status as appointment or lead. You are asked to assign it to someone. Then, after having added it to the calendar as a contact you are then required to create the same set of information again as a task.

Add a "add as task" button so that when you create a customer they are automatically added as a task as well. This will end a very stupid redundancy and a chance for missing appointments because someone created a contact and didn't double down as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not clear on what you mean by having to add a task with the same due date.

If you add a date and time to the Contact screen when adding or editing a contact, it will show that contact on the Calendar. If those contacts are not showing up, you need to check the boxes for those Contact Types in the left side panel of the calendar so they are showing rather than hidden.

You should not need to be redundant with scheduling, as long as you’re viewing the calendar with the right settings and adding the due date/time to the contacts.

For further assistance, contact support (support@JobNimbus.com or 855-964-6287).

11. attachment

View an attachment like PDF or Image on the website instead of download it every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Increase/Remove Limit on Number of Custom Fields per Type

When adding Contact Fields the system doesn't allow you to add more than 10 Contact Fields of the same type which I think there shouldn't be a restriction on the number of Contact Fields someone needs to add.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Keep attachments specific to a job, only visible when looking at that job card.

Currently from the desktop version when I click on a job folder or the parent contact card, I can see all attachments for all jobs. This is a huge disorganized mess. I can't tell which attachments are for which job. I would prefer to keep all attachments only visible when looking at each job.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is because you have the “Related” checkbox checked for the Attachments grid. This is a very useful feature for companies who want full visibility when looking at a specific job, but is nimble for companies who just want laser focus on the job they’re looking at.

Just uncheck that “Related” checkbox and you’ll only see the job-specific attachments going forward. This is user-profile specific, so you only have to set it on one job for it to be globally set for your user, but other users will have to make the change as well (since some users prefer one view over another).

14. Hide Archived Jobs/Contacts

Once a Contact or Job is archived, it should not show in the pipeline. For example, if I have 100 jobs inside a contact and 75 of them have been completed and in a status which auto archives them, then these jobs should not show when I am looking for the jobs in that particular contact. They can pop up when someone specifically searches for them.
    Or you could also give the ability to add a filter in order to not show archived jobs unless searched for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All you need to do is go to the Jobs tab on a contact and use the ••• icon to choose “Customize”, then add a filter to remove the Archived jobs (Is Archived > True + Exclude) and then save.

This will hide all archived Jobs when looking at a contact’s Jobs page going forward. Again, this is per-user, so each user that would like this will want to add the same filter to their Jobs grid. Just set it once on one contact and it will be set for all until you adjust it.

15. Ability to delete attachments brought into a job file

We have noticed that logo's are coming in because users have added image attachments as their signatures, rather than using native HTML signatures. This means that the attachment file in a job is getting filled up.

Could you give us the option to delete these image attachments brought in by emails as the amount of these are causing great difficulty in seeing the photos you want to find.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I just heard from the dev team, looks like we are going to implement a filter for not saving inline images, including those in signatures. This should prevent those images from getting in the way of regular image attachments and should get you all or most of the way there!

16. Google Maps

map quest is okay. But it does not give the ability to zoom in really close to view roofing vents, or details, or street view for colors of drip edge and gutters. I use google maps a lot for this reason and I think it would be great if you could link the address to the google map, even if it popped up in a different window

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. start date show on

Start date and time show on email notification to sales reps. This is often used for setting lead appointments for the reps. They receive notification of a contact being created but do not receive the time and date without clicking into job nimbus and viewing the lead or their calendar. Would be much easier if they could see it right away on the email notification.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Contact segmentation

Need to have a dropdown to pull up contacts by all/customer/subcontractor/etc. I have to scroll through all my contacts or sort and resort to pick the one I want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this by either filtering your main reports or by creating custom reports (recommended) in the Reports section.

1. Go to Reports
    2. Use the gear icon at the top right to choose "Contact Report’
    3. Go to Add Filter at the top and choose Type
    4. Choose the type you want to see on this report and save the filter.

You can then name and save this report, and create others with different filters so you can always quickly access a certain segment of your contacts.

19. Option to sort by address/show address

Can you enable a feature that would show the address first? We are a growing Roofing company and we go by address with everything so it is difficult to not have a function to implement that necessity. It seems like we can move/edit other functions like squares or name or salesman but not the address. It would be so helpful to do this!
    I know a lot of people go by customer name, so I am not suggesting to do away with that feature. I am saying to give the option of what to display first. Some people may find…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re referring to the Boards system, it might make sense for you guys to use Jobs within our system, rather than just Contacts.

Jobs is an optional feature, but you can set a Job Name and most companies set that name to the Address.

Then, when you’re looking at the boards for your Jobs, you’re seeing the Address on each card for each job you have, rather than the contact’s name.

This would be great for you guys and should get you what you need. If you’d like more help and direction on this, give our Sales line a call at 855-964-6287, let them know you work by address and that you were referred to look into using Jobs to track things that way, and they’ll be able to assist further with your specific circumstances.

20. Click Address To Map

When you click on the address, google maps comes up

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)