Skip to content

JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Settings

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

28 results found

1. Change Status of Job with Automation

I would like to be able to change the status of a job with automation, not just the primary contact of the job.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Automated task to show up after being in a status for X amount of days

I want an automated task to show up after being in a status for X amount of days. I see I can create a task that’s scheduled for after X amount of days in being in a status, but I was wondering if there is a way so that it only shows if the file is in the same status for that period of time, because if we have moved it along and it hasn’t been in that status for that period of time, I don’t want it to show up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, time-based automations can be used to create tasks after a certain time in status. For example, if a lead is in a status for 10 days, a task would be created to follow-up with that lead. If you move them out of the lead status before 10 days, nothing would happen. Here is a full sheet of all available automations. https://3401zs241c1u3z7ulj3z6g7u-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/All-JobNimbus-Automations.pdf

I am happy to help with additional details if needed.

Thank you,
    Adam Keys

3. Automations around status change based on previous status

It would be nice to create an automation around specific status changes. Meaning not for every contact that moves to the status of scheduled but only those that move to scheduled that came from a specific start point.

We have some jobs that one scheduled need to have 811 called, and others do not. I'd like only contacts that come from a status based on they type of estimate they received that come to scheduled to create a task to scheudle 811.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This can currently be accomplished using custom fields on the job. To do this, create an event based contact/job automation. For conditions, set the status that the job would be when 811 needs to be called, such as “Job kick Off” status. Create a custom check box on the job that says, “811 Needed”. Set a condition that 811 Needed is equal to true. Finally, build an action that creates a task to call 811.
    With this, when a job enters the kick off status and has the 811 box checked, a task will be created to schedule 811.
    Please reach out if you need additional assistance on this.

4. Add Invoice as Option to Automations

I would like to have invoice as an option when creating an automation.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Archive Automation When a Contract is Signed

In the sales pipeline, when a contract is signed and moves to the production board, it duplicates, but doesn't archive on the sales board, leaving a cluttered list to scroll for days through.

My thought would be to archive any signed contracts, leaving only one copy of each contact in JN to avoid any mishap due to human or clerical error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I looked at your workflow and it looks like you are archiving the contact when the contract is signed. This is not the intended flow.

Contacts can move through the workflow and can exist on multiple boards at the same time. In your case, you’d want to do the following:
    1. Remove the archiving from the Signed Contract stage in your workflow
    2. Add Signed Contact to the start of your production board.

This would make it so that when a contract is put in the “Signed Contract” status on the Sales board, it would also show up on the Production board. Your production team would be able to see it on the production board and then move it to the “Site Survey” status. Once the production team moved it from “Contract Signed” it would no longer show up on your Sales board.

If you have any other questions, please…

6. Time-Based Automation (Delays, Conditions)

I wish I could trigger status changes, notifications, or tasks based on time.

Example 1: if no activity within "x" time, an email or task would be triggered.

Example 2: if a note/activity occurs between "x" and "y" times (say 7:00-9:00 am or between 11:00 pm - 5:00 am) an email or task would be triggered.
    Example 3: If no activity/status change after "x" days, change status. Or if Days in Status exceeds "x", then change status or perform other action.

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. embed videos to automation

I would like to embed a video into an automation email instead of hyperlinking the video to the automation. Having the video show up in the email would help us by making sure our clients don't skip over this important step.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The system currently allows you to embedded videos. The issue is that most email clients (gmail, hotmail, etc.) don’t allow for embedded video to play in your email, so your clients wouldn’t be able to watch the video in the email. That is why most people have gone away from embedding video into emails and instead just link to them.

Thanks,

Aaron

8. Disable Auto-Emails to Assigned Subcontractors

When a sub-contractor is assigned to a job, task, or work order, JobNimbus automatically sends an email out to the assigned sub.

It would be much better if there was an option to disable the auto-email and choose when/if to send an email to the sub-contractor.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now disable the automatic emails that are sent to subcontractors when assigning them to a contact or job. To do this:

1. Go to your name at the top right and choose “Settings” from the menu.
    2. Head to the Contact Workflows tab.
    3. For your subcontractor workflows, use the ••• to choose "Notification Preferences.
    4. Uncheck any of the items that you no longer wish to automatically send to your subs in this type.
    5. Click “Save”

If you have further questions, please contact support@jobnimbus.com or call 855-964-6287.

9. Group product items into a kit

It would be nice to create an item that was composed of multiple items with their appropriate quantities. Kit cost would be a rollup of the individual items, but could be overridden if need be.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. follow number rules

we need to have email templates but this thing can't even allow us to sort them please listen to feedback we even send you pictures

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

Text sorting with numbers can be frustrating the first time you see it, but this is how computers sort text that includes numbers.

A simple way to deal with this is to zero pad your numbers, meaning instead of 1 you put 01. This will work up to 99.

You can contact support@jobnimbus.com if you have any other issues.

Thanks,

Aaron

11. Lead Source as Automation Condition

At present:
    IF type = Customer
    IF status = Active

Needs:
    IF LeadSource = <selected>

This automation would enable based on lead source where and whom to send creating tremendous flexibility including the immediate dispatch of web form leads to say a designated dispatcher.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Lead source is now available as a condition for contact and job, event based, automations. You can set up additional lead sources in the settings page, which will then show in the lead source dropdown of the automations. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Adam Keys

12. Duplicate for Products & Services

It would be so much easier to be able to duplicate a product or service so we don't have to type out every product. For instance:
    Shingle cost:
    Mark up:
    Tax:
    Labor cost per pitch: 5 different labors according to pitch

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Action for 'Change Job Status' in Automation (Estimate, etc)

It has not been that long that JN added the ability to automate changing a contact's status through setting up a rule, but when will JN add this feature for jobs?

I'd like to be able create an automated task for my job boards to have my job change status.

I'd like to see the conditions added:
    * status change condition - so when a status is changed on one board, then the rule would change status again which would move job to next board
    * task completion - upon a certain task being completed, the job's status would be…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The ability to calendarize rules/automations to do drip marketing while in one status.

When a job/customer sits in one particular spot in your sales process you need to be able to send multiple emails that are calenderized out in an automatic function to drip market to clients. Comercial projects can take several months or even a year to come to fruition and having the ability to drip maket throughout your sales funnel is an absolute must! The current automotation choices are extremily limited, there could be so much more done with the ability to add calendar functions to automation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Invoice Status Automation Conditions

At present you can't change the status of a Job if an Invoice is created since there are no workflows available for invoices like there are for Work Orders and Materials lists etc.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automation Condition: If X time since Y has happened, and still no Z...

I would like to be able to create a "rule," on Job Nimbus, allowing me to have the option of being notified when something IS NOT being done within a certain amount of time from another action being taken.

For example:
    If ("x") has not been done, within ("x") amount of time from ("x") being done, notify or create a task for these people: ("x,y,z...")

so to see that there are not things being forgotten to be done by employees and it makes it easier for management/ownership to keep things rolling-

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. not put "Countdown to JobNimbus Solution Summit 2018" fixed on screen

Please make the "Countdown to JobNimbus Solution Summit 2018" able to be hidden. Currently it says there is 27 days left till the event. I really don't want to have this display bar taking up work space for the next 27 days without having the option to close it out.

I understand your desire to advertise, but once it appears, I don't see what benefits it has to your users to continue to stay on the screen the entire session. Please make it be able to be closed once logged in. I don't even mind if it appears at every…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. dollar amounts of jobs

How do I see my sales dollar amounts....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automated Text (SMS) Notifications to Customers

IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE AN AUTOMATED TEXT FEATURE TO CUSTOMERS FOR MATERIAL DELIVERY, SCHEDULED BUILD REMINDER ETC....

AND TO ALLOW THEM TO HAVE THE ABILITY REPLY BACK AND IT BE UPLOADED INTO THE SYSTEM

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can use our integration with Zapier to send text messages to your team members or subcontractors, or even to your customers. Here’s a tutorial to help walk you through getting started: https://www.jobnimbus.com/blog/zapier-send-automated-text-messages-from-jobnimbus-to-your-team-and-subcontractors/

Please be aware, texting rates may apply depending on which service you choose.

For further assistance, contact our support team at support@JobNimbus.com or 855-964-6287.

Enjoy!

20. Assign a sub right from the work order

Would be nice to be able to assign a subcontractor right from the work order when its created instead of having to go back and editing the contact.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You should be able to do this already. When creating a work order, just use the Subcontractor field to choose one of your existing subcontractors on the account.

If I’m missing something, please reply to let me know with more detail what you’re trying to accomplish. If this isn’t working at present, please contact support@JobNimbus.com and we can help troubleshoot the issue.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base