JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Calendar & Tasks

1. Ability to Notify Creator of Task Completion

Is there a way that after someone marks a task complete, it can notify who originally made the task? We have guys that will be tasked to do something and it would be easier to be notified when the task is complete, instead of them telling us.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can use Automation to do this, but you have to choose a specific team member at this time, you can’t just choose the creator of the task. If that works then you can set that up right now in the Automation tab of your settings.

I’ve updated this feature request to ask to be able to send notification to Creator of task as part of the Automation rule.

2. A way to change the time the daily task reminder is sent to employees.

Some of our employees have said they are receiving the daily task reminder at 5:30 AM, and that it wakes them up. They would turn off the sound on their phones, however many of them want it on in case of an emergency call. I would like to have the choice of when they get this reminder so that it triggers a few minutes before they arrive at work.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Boards for Tasks

I wish we could move tasks as cards along a board like Trello does. It's frustrating only have a list of all your tasks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automation options to update subs, crews, customers, and sales when a date of a workorder, or job is changed on the calendar

Automation options to update subs, crews, customers, and sales when a date of a workorder, or job is changed on the calendar

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Holidays on Calendar

Have major Holidays listed on the calendar

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change calendar color for subcontractors

Similar to an idea listed, but would also love the ability to change the colors of sub-contractors on the calendar. I added a few of our crews as subs and they are very similar colors which are difficult to differentiate at a glance!

We also have some long-standing colors associated with each crew so would really like to be able to carry that coding through to the calendar.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Calendar View SELECT/CLEAR ALL feature

Any Chance of having a "Select All" and/or "Clear All" option in the sections of SUBCONTRACTOR and TEAM MEMBERS within calendar display choices? (instead of having to individually check/uncheck when needing ALL to display/not display)

Currently the "Select All" function is only available with the CALENDARS section of the viewing.....

This feature is important as we maintain a Master Calendar in our office for scheduling purposes....

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More Contact/Job Info In Calendar View

I would like all the information about all the jobs in he calendar view.
    So when I click on a job on the calendar I will see all the information about the job, color footage, invoicing amount, etc. I dislike having to go to various places to locate all the information about the jobs

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Calendar Preview When Creating Tasks

Be able to see calendar when setting up tasks to make sure an open time can be selected

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can create tasks directly from the calendar, which would allow you to see the calendar to a certain extent while creating that task, but it’s not ideal and we definitely want to do this.

Thanks for the suggestion!

10. Color code different item/object types on calendar

to be able to make certain schedule items one color (example blue) and all repair schedule items another color (example red). It will make it easier to look at the calendar.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently each item on the calendar is colored according to the assignee, but we always exploring new ideas and ways to better represent the information on the calendar.

In the meantime, you can use icons in Task Type and Contact/Job/WO workflow settings to help distinguish between different types of items on the calendar.

Thanks!

11. Google Calendar Sync for Contacts, Work Orders, Jobs, etc.

I personally link all accounts to google calendar so we can access everyone's​ daily calendar. I've noticed that when selecting an install date on a work order, it only puts it on the JobNimbus calendar and does not link to the google calendar.

I have to create a new task and input the same info in order for it to sync with google. This is redundant

The suggestion is to integrate existing install date tab connect to third-party calendars. If not possible at least add another install date tab that will generate a task so it will link properly.

Also…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Send Customers Reminders for Appointments (Email, Text)

We send all customers an email the day before their bid appointment to remind them that we need them at their house at a specific time. We also include a picture of the sales rep. The time is in JobNimbus as a task, their contact info is in the system. The sales rep is known, so it seems this could be automated.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Calendar Inspector for Details Always Visible On Right Side

The changes you made to the calander, you are not able to open the account directly from the red box, you have to click on it, then go to the right of the page to open the account.

It would be better if you could just view the account from the red box. Only another click but still.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tasks with Current Tasks Shown

When building a new task, if there was any way for all of your current tasks, dates & times for that user to be listed next to the "Create New Task" popup. Rather then saving and getting a warning.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We love this idea and already have it in our plans! We’ll be building it out as soon as we find the time to fit it into our busy development schedule.

We’ll keep you updated on our progress as we get closer.

15. Saved Calendar Sets (or Views)

the old calendar had a show options tab that allowed you to choose specific users for a given view. Therefore it would be like having different calendars for different uses. I would like to be able to save multiple views on the new calendar.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Gantt Chart / Scheduling Dependencies

Allow scheduling though gantt charts and/or dependencies.

Calendar needs to have dependencies. We have 41 team members and doing 1,000's of jobs per year. When we get them all on the schedule then have a delay for any reason we have to manually move each and every job. Its getting near impossible to continue doing this that way. They need to be able to have dependencies so when one job moves a day then all the jobs scheduled after that move a day. Reference to "smartsheets".

Ex. I assign the foreman jobs as they come in. That foreman looses 2…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reminder or Alert feature in Calendar

We should be able to set reminders/alerts on scheduled items to notify the assignee(s) before the due date.

Example: Remind me 15 minutes before scheduled appointment.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  15 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Recurring Tasks/Events In Calendar

Trying to schedule a weekly business meeting that happens at the same time every Friday and I do not have the option to have this as a recurring or repeating event.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have Google Calendar integration set up, you can create recurring events on the Google side and they will sync over into JobNimbus.

In the meantime, we’ll continue scheming how to implement it natively. Stay tuned!

19. Limit Tasks on Task List

Is there the ability to limit the tasks that show in task field on Job Nimbus when they are scheduled out for months ahead of time? My tasks list is full of repetitive tasks I have on my calendar for years forward.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to clearly delineate Sub-Tasks

A sub-task is essentially a child task of the parent. So, I would think it's related item would be the task from which it was derived and should show up in reports as such.

If a task has sub-tasks then fields like start and end date should reflect the earliest start date and latest end dates of all the sub-tasks. And the completion status of the parent task should be controlled by the sub-tasks. i.e. the parent task is only marked complete when all of the sub-tasks are complete. If you allow the user to set the parent task to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Calendar & Tasks

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base