JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Financials

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save payment terms on invoice templates

I would like to see that when I am personalizing my invoice template that I can save the terms. It appears to default to Net 15. We run on Net 30. If missed it can make a huge difference in the collections process.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More Customizable Financial Templates

For the estimates, I would like to be able to move our logo around and resize it as needed, to be able to edit the fonts of line items and not have to have a price for some line items. If a certain line item varies on the job like a permit, we would like to put -as incurred- since permits can vary or other line items as well that vary. Instead of showing 0 which would make the customer or company think they owe 0, as incurred would be much more feasible. Other options like a Microsoft Word style…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  5 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More User-Friendly Template Formatting

The templates really need to be easier to format in certain sections. Under the special instructions, it is really time consuming right now and should be much easier to use.

It would be great if it was much easier to use.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The ability to upload existing company documents into the Templates, to create a Template from

During setup, or even later, if I create a document for my company's use, and then want to make it a Template so that I can use JobNimbus functions with said document, I have to literally rebuild the document in your editor, which is time-consuming. I already spent the time to make it once, so I'd like to use it as is.

Even something simple like uploading a PDF and tagging the areas to insert short codes (not requiring editing of the text/format of the PDF) would be very helpful.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Print preview when creating new templates

When creating new templates the only way to make sure the document creator is properly set up you have to create an actual document and view it in PDF mode which is a bit cumbersome.

A way to quickly print preview without having to recreate a document each time would be nice to save time when setting up new docs or modifying existing ones....

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Editable form / table builder / checklist builder

A simple spreadsheet like form/table (editable columns/rows) with ability to insert dropdowns/text/checkboxes, etc in columns - so that we can create checklists for our crews and support personnel. Your table insert tool in the templates section almost does it - except we don't have full flexibility to modify/insert different functions.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Page Breaks for template

The ability to insert a page break into a template. We have several templates that require a break. My boss is extremely frustrated.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Which templates are you wanting to add a page break to?

On certain forms, like an estimate, it seems like the page breaks would need to be conditional based on the number of line items, which would be quite tricky.

Thanks,
    Aaron

10. Signatures on Emailed Estimates

It would save us a lot of time if we could put our signature on estimates as an image. That way a customer can print it, sign it and mail it to us with a check. It would also be nice if we could have them digitally sign the estimate, especially for customers paying by credit card. That way everything is contained within JobNimbus.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re in the field, you can already get estimates signed using the 2.0 version of our mobile app. No setup is required, just open the estimate PDF from the app and use the option to “Add Signature”.

You can get a signature on estimates using our Document Builder, but it’s an old system and will be replaced when we get a better signature system built into the web platform. Stay tuned for that!

11. Options List in Template Questions

Options was taken out of the template questions area just a few days ago because it did not work. It shoudl be a easy fix to get it back in as it is an option on the Contacts Fields and Job Fields. In order to create good templates for field use, this option is highly needed! Also, the Boolean (Yes/No) option only displays "Yes" if checked, it does not display "No" if left unchecked on template questions.

Please get both of these items fixed. I should not be forced to use 3rd party integrations when I can create custom forms…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Confession: The Options List was added to Template Questions unintentionally, which is why it was never tested and wasn’t functional. It was removed in order to provide time to evaluate it and make a conscious effort to decide whether to add it back in or not.

We will attempt to address this issue, as well as the Boolean type in future updates to the system.

12. Custom Fields For Financials Templates

Let us put custom fields on estimates, material orders, and invoices.( that way we can put in colors, delivery dates, and other options.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Cost, Price, Totals to Work and Material Order Tools

Create a new checkbox for the top administrative portion when creating Work Order and Material Order templates. This would be "Cost" (what the manufacturer charges, per line item), and would be accompanied by a total Cost at the bottom, per quantity.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  4 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More customizable Templates

I would like to be able to build a static template for our site visits that would populate from JN. I would like to be able to format it similar to the estimate form (with the different text boxes), but I can't manipulate all those areas and when I try to build a 'Document Template, there is no way to create those text boxes like the ones in the estimate template. it's frustrating because it's a simple word feature under the Developer tab, but I have to pay some other app to be able to do it here in JN.…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Set Payment Due

On our templates for invoicing I would like to be able to sent payment due upon receipt currently it is set for net 15 and cannot be changed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Headers and Footers in Document Templates

It would be great if the template maker had an option for headers/footers or if it went page by page instead of one continuous document being split up wherever the paper ends. Every time we have to make change in the document it throws off the entire format because our headers/footers that we have to insert manually wherever the page should begin and end get split.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Edit an Estimate and then Save as Template.

The save as template is a great function except it isn't available once the Estimate has been saved.
    Please make Save as Template available when editing an already saved estimate.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Spreadsheet Templates

We have a quote form in excel which will automatically calculate sub total, VAT and grand total. Want to add fields from database i.e. contact name, job and address etc but can't see a way of doing this?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. option to insert a field that is the hyperlink back to the contact/job.

Sometimes we use automation to send emailed alerts via a template. Currently the templates allow for a lot of different options for field inserts but I did not see any option to choose the hyperlink for the contact or job anywhere. This would be a very useful addition for us because then when an user receives an alert, they can click on the hyperlink to open the contact/job in a new tab. This will both save time and make emailed automation notifications easier to use!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Carry price updates over to templates

When product pricing is changed in the master product list the pricing doesn't change in the templates. You have to recreate each template, which seems like it kinda defeats the purpose of having the templates.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base