Skip to content

JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Contacts & Jobs

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

128 results found

1. A tab for estimates and invoices unrelated to contacts

I find it difficult to summarize all our invoices and estimates at a glance. we have to open each contact to see the estimates or invoices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Samuel!

You can see all your estimates and invoices by using the Reports section. You can create an Estimates Report to see all estimates, filter to see only open or pending ones, etc. Same goes for Invoices, where you can also see total amount paid, status, and more.

Just head to “Reports” on the left side and use the My Saved Reports section’s gear icon to choose Estimate Report or Invoice Report.

Let me know if you have any other questions not his or other features!

Brad
    -
    JobNimbus Support
    support@jobnimbus.com

2. a way to default the contact to client

We enter contacts all the time and primarily they are "Clients" however, if you skip the "type of client" it defaults to the top of the list which begins with A - Architect. Is there a way to set the default to be Client.

Most of our consultants when adding a contact ignore that field and ultimately everyone's an architect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there!

I’ve already made the change on your account so the Client record shows first, but you can reorder all of your Contact Types and Statuses just by going into the Contact Workflows tab in Settings and dragging and dropping the items on the list to where you’d like them to appear.

The first item on the list will be the default going forward, so Client is now your default selected Type.

Hope this helps!

Brad
    -
    JobNimbus Support
    (855) 964-6287 x705

3. Ability to send email template to specific contacts

I want to be able to create a rule that sends an email template to each new contact (only) that is created instead of "all related contacts".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Customize sync field mapping

I wish I could put the contacts name on the first address line when it syncs to QB. I mean- who doesn't include the name when sending a form? And If I have to edit the customer after it syncs why even sync?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve,

We’ve just added this update this morning. Now we automatically include the name in the Invoice From field on QuickBooks.

Hope this helps!
    -
    Brad
    JobNimbus Support
    855-964-6287×705

5. Drop Down Custom Field

Pick boxes when there can only be a certain number of choices, force user to pick one instead of putting something in that doesn't make sense.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not a drill: You can now add Drop Down style custom fields for Contacts, Jobs, and Work Orders! Just head to Settings > Contact/Job/Work Order Fields tab(s) and choose “Options List” to get started.

More details coming to our blog and newsletter soon!

6. In customer box on estimate

We would like to have the contact phone # and email address on the front of the estimate we create. It makes for a quick reference when following up with the client.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New Contact & Service Request Web Forms

We all have company web pages, many more customers are finding us that way. It would be nice if Job Nimbus had a web form that could be embedded so new customers could add their own contact information.

A seperate web form for company web pages allowing for existing customers to submit service, warranty, or sales call.

These forms would enter the information while also sending alerts and preferably triggering a workflow.

NOTE: Include the option using a plugin for Wordpress, Joomla, and other CMS Systems to enable to add contacts, generate new leads, and collect job information from a…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Link Task to Contact

When I have a task open (let's say I open up my task from my email to make a call back) I would like to be able to click on an active link that would send me straight to that contact with his/her information.

That way I can actually make the call without doing a search.

In other words, I would like the person's name at the top to be an active link to his contact profile. That way I can complete the task, set a new one, take notes, etc because I'm on the contact.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Micah,

To link tasks and contacts, when creating or editing the task, just type the name of the contact into the “Related Contact” field in the popup dialogue.

Alternatively, if you create a task from the action menu on a contact details page, that contact is automatically added as a Related Contact.

Then, when you go to the Task details page from the email, the dashboard, or any other area, you’ll see that contact in the green bubble as a Related Contact and you can click on their name to go directly to the contact.

We have plans to add more options to emails for you to navigate directly to a contact record from the email notifications, and that will be coming as soon as possible.

Let me know if this helps, or give me a call!
    -
    Brad Hodson
    JobNimbus Support
    425-777-0500

9. Task Numbers

Each new task under each job and contact should be numbered so if the job number is 1034 first task added should be 1034.1 second 1034.2 and on...
    This would help if for example each task is being made by other employee so then each would have different reference number.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you know, this was added in our v1.18 update. We will be expanding the number customization options going forward, so be on the lookout for that.

Thanks!
    -
    Brad Hodson
    JobNimbus Support
    855-964-6287

10. QBE on tags

If I am tagging a contact with descriptors it would be nice to be able to query out the tags so that I can see what items I have in that category. For example Asphault as a roof type / category / tag. I would like to query my DB and see how many Asphault records return.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For this, you could create a new Jobs Report and add a filter for Tags to show only the tags you want to see and/or filter out any tags you don’t want to see.

I’m not sure what you mean by “QBE”. Could you clarify if this is what you’re looking for?

Thanks!
    -
    Brad
    JobNimbus Support
    brad@jobnimbus.com

11. Tasks in Automation

• Completing a task should automatically change the status on contacts/jobs with automation.
    • Should be able to get notifications when tasks are completed, created, postponed, etc.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Settings - Contact types

I also want to delete vendor

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Settings

I am unable to delete partner as contact.

I want to add: Tenant & Property Manager

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. View Jobs 25, 50, 100, 200 etc

An option for viewing multiple jobs in one page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why users can see ALL contacts and jobs

I have the settings so only users can see there own contacts and jobs but they see everyone's on the Android and Iphone APP, but on the Desktop version they only see there own.. I have the correct Radio Button selected for them to only be able to see there own but they can see everyones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jason,

After a quick look around, the issue is in our new Workflows, where one of your contact types (Home Owner) had statuses that were selected as “Is Mobile Sync”, causing them to override the user settings.

I’ve gone ahead and edited each status and deselected “Is Mobile Sync” on each one. Now, it should work as expected where only the contacts associated to a user will be synced to their mobile device.

For jobs, none of them should be syncing to the wrong user, but please try this again now and see if you have any jobs that shouldn’t be syncing. If you still have an issue here, let me know and we’ll discuss how to look into it further.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but you should be good to go now.

-Brad

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Frank,

It looks like you’re using the Basic (free) version of JobNimbus. The Import Contacts feature is one of our Pro features.

You can find out more about all the features you get with JobNimbus Pro on our Compare Plans page: http://www.jobnimbus.com/compare-plans/

Let me know if I can help out with any more info on Pro accounts or if I can help you get set up with Pro.

-Brad

17. separate contacts lists

several contact lists, separated by type

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can separate your contact lists by type by simply grouping by Type.

To do that, use the Action Menu at the top right of the Contacts grid and click “Customize”. Then, drag the Type column header to the area at the top of the grid that says, “Drag a column header and drop it here to group by that column.” Then save.

The grid will now group/separate all your contacts by Type.

Let me know if you need any more help on getting this set up.

-Brad

18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added Workflows in our 1.12 update released this week. Now you can set up different workflows for different Job and Contact Types, add statuses as the “triggers,” and set up Tasks and other events to be performed automatically upon Status change.

With this you could set a task to be created whenever a Contact or Job is added as “New” status, for instance.

To learn more about how to get set up, log into your JobNimbus account, click the “?” at the top right, and select “Workflow” from the list.

Let me know if you have any questions on how to get set up and I’d be happy to help!

Enjoy!

-Brad

19. Phone Numbers with Jobs

My Salesmen want to be able to see the contact information with the job especially from their iPads. they don't want to have to go out of the jobs and click contacts then find the contact to find the information

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Merilu, in the latest version of our mobile app for iPhone and iPad (v1.1.1), you should have quick contact buttons for the Related Contact on the Job Details screen. These buttons allow you to Call, Email, or Map the contact with one tap.

If you’d like to see the info instead, you can just tap on the name of the contact next to these buttons and you’ll be taken directly to that contact.

Please make sure your salesmen are running the latest version of the mobile app on their iPads, and also make sure you have Related Contacts for the Jobs so the contact associated to the job always shows up on the Job Details screen.

Please let me know if this helps solve the problem! If not, let me know right away so we can figure it out.

-Brad

20. QUESTION

If I include 2 people on a task, and one deletes it from their tasks, does it remain an active task in other person's?

Also, If entering a contact and assigning it to a specific person-do they see in their dashboard-or does it have to be a "job" first?
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

First off, Tasks: If a task has 2 Owners and one of the Owners deletes or completes the task, it is deleted or completed completely for both Owners.

If you’d like to have a task remain, you could either create two different tasks and assign one to each Owner, or you could just remove one of the Owners from the task (if applicable) which would keep the original task with the remaining Owner(s) assigned and the task would disappear from the task list of the other Owner(s) that were removed.

Second, Contacts: By assigning a contact to a user, they will be able to see it on their Contacts list and on their Dashboard, both in the default Contacts grid and in any Custom Report with the right filters for the criteria. No need to create and assign a job first.

Hope this helps! If I can help out any…

• Don't see your idea?

Contacts & Jobs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base