JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Contacts & Jobs

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Conditional Field for Contacts and Jobs

The Job and Contact pages can be too long, especially with custom fields. It would be great to have conditional fields that only show based on previous selections.

Example: If there is an Insurance Company listed, show insurance fields. If there is no Insurance Company listed hide insurance fields.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Fields specific to Workflow Type

It would be nice if they could have custom fields only visible if you select a specific workflow type. Like Insurance information only will show on a contact/job to be filled in if you use the Insurance Workflow

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Contact field for multiple email address

Some of our contacts have multiple emails. It would be helpful if there was an option to have multiple emails listed for a contact

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The javascript for an empty Main Phone field should put the cursor at the beginning

Currently the field is empty, the cursor can be placed several digits to the right causing a formatting problem without moving the cursor to the first digit position before typing the phone number. It is the only phone number field with the issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. no job field limit

Under "Job FIelds", we have Tile Colors as a "Field Name" Options List, and are only allowed 50 options. Tile comes in many brands and colors, and 50 isn't enough! Would like a limitless option of names we can enter.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mailing address for Customers

The street address isn't always the same at the mailing address. We have several customers that have PO Box delivery or own rental properties. In such cases we need to be able to enter the work site address as well as the mailing address.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Referral Name Textbox for Lead Sources

I would like the lead source option "Other" to give sales reps a field to enter a name. Currently I have a custom field for "Referral Name," but I have to run two separate reports (built-in and custom) to get a detailed view of my lead sources.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. HIGHLIGHTING AND FLASHING TEXT FEATURE

When I create a related contacts for a customer, I wish within the description field you could HIGHLIGHT or make something flash or stand out for that related content. I put important information in the related content record and in the description field. i want it to be able to stand out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customer/Job number in Display Name

There needs to be an option in General settings: Advanced options to add the customer or job number to the display name. I manually added ALL CUSTOMER NUMBERS to the display name, but in the future, this could be a make or break situation with this CRM. Also, it would eliminate the "duplicate" name situation as all names would have a unique number next to it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Contact fields that could be programed as a dropdown field.

For example I want to make a color selection document, I would have the field OC Duration Shingle then the drop down would have all the colors listed and I could select the one thew customer picked...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Field for job address

It would be nice to have a different field for job address. We work for contractors that are always doing different projects as different addresses.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Primary & Secondary Lead Sources

Have the ability to have primary and secondary Leads to better track from the big picture and then be able drill down into the specific details for marketing and budgeting purposes.

Example:
    Primary Lead = Internet
    Secondary Lead = Website - Contact Us
    Website - Free Estimate
    Angie's List
    Facebook
    Google

Primary Lead = Branding
    Secondary Lead = Apparel
    Company Pens
    Truck
    Yard Sign

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A different interface for different contact types.

It would be nice if each type of contact had their own contact fields.
    for example: Insurance Claim customer VS. Cash deal or
    Commercial Roofing VS. Residential
    Vendor VS. Subcontract
    In our job nimbus the contact fields were set up for insurance claims-Roofing. But not all contacts need all of these fields

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. the ability to automatically include the job number in a document number

I would like for invoices, documents, work orders, etc to have the job number appended at the end - for example, Work Order# 1234-5678, where 1234 is the work order number, and 5678 is the job number that work order is associated with.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to make Built-In Fields Required/Mandatory (e.g. Lead Source)

Really need to be able to require specific fields in the contact & job information, ESPECIALLY lead source.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  10 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Auto-Complete for Address Fields (Google Maps sourced suggestions)

I know I've used other programs with it already but like when you start to type the street address in it has a drop down of suggestions of addresses (I assume pulled from Google) . for example. I create a contact, go down to start putting their address in "123 e. mai" and a drop down would pop down with "123 e main st, columbus ohio 43214" and with additional suggestions starting with what I have typed in.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Separate Start Date and Due Date built-in fields

I would like to be able to track when we start work on a job by entering a start date and then separately enter a due date. My current workaround is to create my own fields for this.

Currently, JN built in start date is considered also a due date and appears red if the date is past. Having these two names mean the same thing makes absolutely no sense to me for a project can start on one date and by due on a different date.

To me, a start date is a date you would start working on…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. recognize hyperlinks in fields

If a field is a text and a hyperlink is entered, I wish JN would recognize it as a hyperlink that we could click and open in a new tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to add Address information to Team Members

At present, Team Members have a telephone and email field, but it address fields would be nice AND if possible, a field for a SMS field where a Members cell phone address could be entered for text messages such as 0000000000@vzwpix.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multi-Select Dropdown Option Field Type

I love the new "Option" Field in JN, however, I would like to see another field or an option when creating this field to allow users to select as many as they want from the dropdown.

My current work around is to create two or more separate Option fields. It is a little overwhelming though how long the "Edit Job" or "Edit Contact" screen appears when you have so many fields added to it, especially when it could be condensed by allowing this suggestion of a "Check all that apply" type field to be added.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Contacts & Jobs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base