JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Calendar & Tasks

1. Reason for Task Deletion

Be able to know why the task was deleted. When delete is requested a window should pop up asking the reason and required before the delete happens.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Weather Conditions on Calendar and Events

I wish JN's calendar showed the weather forecast for the city that the jobs are scheduled in.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter calendar by job with related work orders and tie work orders to jobs and each other

Filter the calendar like a report with the option for multiple saved searches allowing for quick access.

And/or

Filter calendar by job name with related work orders and tie work orders to jobs and each other.

Tie Work orders to jobs and together with successor, predecessor, and concurrent relationships allowing a drag and drop ability to reschedule an entire series of events/work orders within a specific job. Also a filtering ability to show only a specific job and related work orders so all other jobs can be removed from the calendar view. A report type filtering ability with multiple saved…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Attach photo to a task

We use Tasks as RFI's (request for information) and would like to be able to attach a photo to the task to better explain questions on a job. Can this be done?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve had this feature in the past but it caused too many issues as attachments would be added to tasks and then users would not know where to find those attachments.

This problem compounded when the task was marked as “Completed”, which meant it hid away and then those attachments were hidden, too.

We highly recommend you add these attachments to the parent Contact or Job the task is associated with and then reference that attachment from the task. It’s a few more taps, but it will help attachments to not get lost so easily.

We’ll see what we can do to make the access to those attachments easier going forward.

5. Monthly Calendar View - present week at top

It drives me crazy that I have to scroll down to get to the current week in my calendar rather than having the present week at the top of the page. I like to look at the calendar in the monthly view but I want this week to be the top week rather than the first week of the month.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. the ability to see multiple calendars on the app

Our previous CRM you could easily switch between calendars. This was helpful as an owner to check my sales persons calendar to see where they were going to be that day.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. an option to assign a trigger to a task and option to choose predefined tasks

I love using automation under the settings but sometimes I need to create a task on a specific job that is triggered by a status change on that job or triggered by the completion of the task I am creating to trigger a new task. If I used automation, it would make this happen to all jobs that had a status change which would not work for all situations.

For example, say I notice that a particular job needs to be billed but a different relationship was made with a customer to allow for billing to take place at a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. the zip code should list before or after the name on the scheduled appointments calendar. Enables better scheduling

the zip code should list before or after the name on the scheduled appointments calendar. Enables better scheduling by allowing the scheduler to see existing zip codes to efficiently route the next appointments.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. better calendar separation between employees

we schedule many reps and the color difference is good but I wish each color could be to a certain side instead of being intermixed. Makes difficult to see who's available quickly compared to our previous calendar.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Customizable Work Order titles in Calendar Views

We don't refer to our jobs (not using "Jobs" by the way) by work orders, we do by street address or Contact name. It would be better in calendar views if we could have those displayed instead of "W.O. #XXXX".

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re interested to know why you are printing out the calendar rather than using the calendar on the mobile app, giving you access to turn-by-turn directions, and the ability to call or text the customer directly from the app with just a tap?

12. Break calendar to time slots and manage it by that and not only by hours

You basically need to have a feature of breaking the "Day" to time slots. than, the first time slot (Need to be able to customize) example: 9 AM - 12 PM, second time slot 10 PM - 3 PM, 3 PM TO 6 PM, etc.

Than you can set rules based on time slots of the day. It is good for confirmation and to keep track on work orders, crews, etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Work Orders on the Calendar Should Fade After Completion Like Tasks Do

When a Task is completed, it becomes slightly faded out on the calendar to more easily differentiate between completed tasks and incomplete tasks. This would be a great feature to add to Work Orders. They would look normal until they were marked as "Complete" at which point they would fade slightly but keep their place on the calendar.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. a way to print out a calender that had a brief synopsis

it would be great to be able to print out the week of jobs or appointments that we have for the week and see a little more information instead of just a picture of that section of the calendar, that does nothing for me.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for suggesting this feature! We’d be interested to know what you’re using this printout for that the web or mobile apps themselves couldn’t accomplish on their own? Please let us know your use case(s) and we’ll see if we have something that could work out.

15. Auto Create Tasks of Certain Task Types with Sub Tasks

Long and short;
    Not only allow Jobnimbus to create different task types, but also the ability for the task types automatically created to have information pre-populated and automatically have sub tasks in the task.

For example;
    Task is Send in XXX Document
    Sub Task; Fax document to xxx-xxxx
    Sub Task; Email Document to xxx@xxx.com

It would also be nice if the task could not be closed until all sub tasks are completed.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Color by Status on Calendar

It would be useful to assign different colors to items on the calendar according to their STATUS.

For example, I would like to scan my calendar and see by color which appointments were for tentative LEADS and which were confirmed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Geographical task orientation

It would be awesome if JN could group/orient tasks according to their location as well as prioritization. That way, if my project manager has 3 tasks closer together in one area, they would be grouped together or automatically tagged in some way.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to Schedule Work Orders on Calendar

It would be nice if there was a button on the calendar tab that said + work order.

when our work orders are created we don't always know when the project is going to start, so therefore we don't schedule it while building the order form.

If we could click a button that says + work order on the calendar tab and chose from a list of non-scheduled work orders to add to the calendar it would save a lot of meeting time between project managers.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show Status of Items on Calendar (Contacts, Jobs, WOs, etc)

We want to use the calendar to schedule our jobs. We need more options to do this...adding a status to each job so we know when they are done or what stage they are in.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Automated Tasks with a delay timer

If the task had a delay before it was generated based on a job created or status change modifier it would keep the task list a little cleaner. Currently if I need to set a task for followup on something in 3 days I have to create a task that isn't due for 3 days. It would be better if that task was auto created by the system 3 days after the status changed and is due that day.

Automated tasks are a great part of your system, but too many cause frustration. This would eliminate an enormous amount of…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Calendar & Tasks

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base