JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Financials

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Totals for Labor & Material Cost shown when editing

The new labor and material split integration is great. However, not showing the total labor and total material at the bottom of the estimate (for us, not the customer) makes it very difficult to find what the totals are. We would have to add up each line item (sometimes 40 line items) to find the total labor cost and total material cost for each estimate. This makes tracking efficiency of estimates very hard when comparing estimate to actual.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deposit Required Line for Estimates

Is there a way to add a Deposit Value on quotes.

So the sums total would look like this.

Quote Price $10,000.00
    TAX $500.00
    Sub Total $10,500.00
    Deposit Required $5,000.00
    Balance Due on Completion $5,500.00

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There isn’t a way to require a deposit at this time on the estimate, but you can add it as a line item and that will help in the meantime until we have more native support of this feature.

We’ll keep you posted!

3. Automatic Recurring Invoicing

The ability to invoice clients automatically on a set date once a month. That way your company can have a steady cash flow, and so can your employees.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Line Item Discount Percent on a estimate/invoice

I need to be able to add a discount to products when creating an estimate. It would be very simple to add a percentage discount to an item that would show the customer the exact amount they are saving.

Original Price = $100 // 10% Savings = $10 OFF // SALE Price = $90

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Warning When Attempting to Edit, Attach to Contacts/Jobs that are Archived

Have a pop up on Paid and Closed clients when someone attempts to add an attachment?
    We are running into an issue with invoices added to the job after it is closed - which we can adjust - but the person needs to be informed it is Paid and Closed so they can contact the office.

The pop-up could say, "Paid and Closed Client. Do you wish to proceed?"

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Percentage finance charge

We would like to be able to assess a finance charge on a past due invoice at a certain percentage rate that could change... At this time, it has to be manually calculated.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Estimate Options (e.g. Good, Better, Best)

On the estimate be able to have options. So that the options do not all total together at the bottom. Right now it gives an unaccurate total amount.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  21 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Move Invoice and Estimate to different Contact

When there is an error with linking an invoice/estimate/etc to a wrong account, I am unable to find an option to change the "contact" to the correct one when I open up the document. Please make the "contact" field editable like other fields are in JN.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  12 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Auto Save For Estimates, Documents, Templates, etc.

Twice today !!! I lost my whole estimate because I have a stupid laptop!! I would love it if the estimates i was creating would auto-save every few minutes!! PLEASE!!! I have lost more than an hour of work today!! :(

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We definitely understand the urgency here and apologize for the lost work and time. We’re looking into this, though we aren’t able to provide an estimate of when this would be available. We’ll keep you posted.

10. Subtotals for Sections on Estimates and Invoices

It would be helpful if there was a way to add subtotals throughout the estimate. For example, sometimes we have to do a subtotal for roof, a subtotal for gutters and then an overall total. Is there a way to do that already?

Thanks for the help!

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  4 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Deposit and/or Progress Payments + Receipts

Under Financials & Estimates, the ability to create "Payment Acknowledgements / Receipts" for deposits &/or progress payments without changing the status of the estimate to "Invoiced".

Another great feature would be one with the ability to send a deposit or progress payment request that ties into the estimate and shows any prior payments.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  6 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option To Hide Subtotal

On estimates where we are giving several options we do not want the subtotal displaying on the bottom. It would be nice if there was an option when creating an estimate template to be able to take out the subtotal at the bottom.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Page Numbers on Estimate

When creating an estimate and it is longer than one page it would be great to have the pages numbered.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More Control Over Estimate Status Sync to QuickBooks

We often have jobs with multiple revisions of a quote and multiple estimates. When this is synced with Quickbooks, it pulls over ALL estimates regardless of their status. Could we have the "denied" estimates either NOT sync with Quickbooks or at least sync to the inactive estimate status within quickbooks?

Otherwise, we have to sort through them manually to determine which is the correct estimate to bill from etc.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Total Estimate Discount Percent (%) on estimates, invoices

Be able to have a line item availability on estimates (and invoice) at the bottom for discount percentages and dollar amounts. We give specific discounts and would like to be able to show these amounts in writing and have it calculate in the estimate and invoice based on the total of the job.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Move Estimate from Contact to Job

It would be nice to be able to convert an estimate that was created under the Contact to a Job. The problem I'm having is when i create a contact then add an estimate then if i win the estimate i add a job then the estimate is not under the job. is there away to assign estimates to the job so i can convert in to an invoice under the job?

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. List of all outstanding Invoices by Client

It would be nice to send a statement of all the invoices that are outstanding with a particular client, instead of having to send multiple invoices.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have a few users that need this feature as well. It’s on our radar and we plan to get to it mid next year.

Sorry about the wait, but we’ll try to get it in as soon as we can!

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base