JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Settings

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automate document creation

I would love to take a customer who has agreed to a proposal to move to a new status that triggers document creation from a template like a contract etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automated Task Deletion or Allow Customer to Accept/Reject Proposals and trigger automation

Example:

When you send a Proposal to a customer, the next step is either, sign with you and conduct business, or lose the sale due to a number of different reasons. When we send a customer a proposal, two tasks are automatically created. One task is titled "Accepted", the other "Declined". Should the customer choose to accept, the sales consultant will go into the job and Check "Accepted" as complete and this will move the job status of the job. Should the customer decline, the sales consultant will go into the job and Check "Declined" as complete and this will…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sounds like a good workaround, though it also sounds like we could do better by allowing the proposal directly to be accepted or rejected and have that trigger the automation to move it to the next status, without you having to hassle with tasks.

I’ve let our dev team know what you’re doing and trying to accomplish, and they’ll work towards building an improved solution for you!

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Audit Log for Settings

Need the ability to see an audit trail of all changes made in Settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. contingent protected job statuses - a "conditional-mandatory workflow"

I've used other CRM's that allow admins to set protected job statuses which won't let the workflow advance until certain requirements are met. In JobNimbus, an example might be that there's a collateral job that just finished the majority of work. In order for the status to be updated to "Work Complete," a "work-complete" note type has to be added under the job and perhaps an invoice has to be added under the attachments. Or, there might be a "Work Complete" field under the job that needs to have a date entered. Then, the job will update to "Work Complete."…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display the Change Status Text in the Actions columnwith viewing Automation Rules

It difficult to trace automation steps if you are keying off the status of the parent job. To see what the resulting status of a particular, you have to open up the particular rule and look at it the actual status change that will happen. One should be able to see this in the complete listing of the rules

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How do I keep employees from seeing the prices on work orders? For example, I do not want the salesman to see our labor cost as they are pai

How do I keep employees from seeing the prices on work orders? For example, I do not want the salesman to see our labor cost as they are paid on gross ticket not on margin.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Empty date field as a condition for an automation rule

Allow user to use a date field as a condition for an automation rule, where the date field can be specified as empty (or not containing a date value). Currently, you can only select the field to have occurred at a certain point, like Today, Yesterday, This Week, etc. I want to see an option where the field can be called out as empty or blank.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. better handling of Automation scripts that key of document and invoice signing.

I would like to be able to update the status of the parent job when a signed document or invoice occurs. The automation condition would need to know job information such as parent job, job workflow, and job status to know what needs to happen next.
    Currently we have no such information, so automating the process when documents are signed is not possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. See team member location in list

It would be great for me to see what office a Team Member is in without having to go into their record.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Products & Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Is it possible to text out of the desktop. `

If our cell numbers are attached to the job, is there a way to text through it to store it in the file?
    Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. no access for limited access profiles to create products

A user with a limited access profile should not have the ability to create global products for use across the company - these should be restricted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to customize what contact information is visible to the salesman

It would be extremely helpful if I could customize and select what contact information i want visible to the salesmen. We currently have a large problem with our salesmen calling the customers prior to the estimate. I would like to be able to make the customer / lead phone number invisible to the salesman. I feel this would be an extremely useful feature as opposed to an all or nothing approach to the contact information visibility.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When an attachment is modified, it send a team member a task and includes the modified attachment

Automate a task to be created when a attachment is modified or created and include the attachment in the task that is sent to the receiving team member.
    example- when a attachment of an order ( PDF) is added to a job, that modification send a task WITH the PDF to the person receiving the task. When the team member receives the task they can open the attachment directly from the task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Combined Sales Tax Rates

Quickbooks groups city, county and state taxes together as one lump sum. Unfortunatly when this is imported into JobNimbus, it imports each individual entity, not the combined tax rate. The taxes sync does not work in our scenario. Are there plans to pull in the combined rate, not the individual tax rates?

Here is an example

Los Angeles CA - LA County (Combined rate)
    State of California
    Los Angeles County CA
    Los Angeles

California Department of Tax & Fee Administration
    (Combined)9.50%
    State of California7.25%
    Los Angeles…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Taxes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Super Admin (login as other user on account)

We configure several JobNimbus accounts for Contractors. It would be nice to have a Super Admin feature to enable as DropBox does the ability to login as the Team Member to setup specific Reports and settings for that user thereby speeding up Adoption.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. adding product & services to Estimates, work orders, etc

It would be nice to see the "add new product" option underneath the potential matches. in my opinion with would deter users from adding new products unnecessarily

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. QuickBooks character limit

QuickBooks online allows for a character limit of 100. However you have recently imposed an error message in products and services that won't allow item names above 31 characters. I know this is for the QB desktop users that have a limit of 31 characters when syncing.

However this means the 800+ items we have cannot have the pricing updated without changing the item name.

Is there a way to remove this error...or extend it to 100 for QB online users?

There are workarounds but not any that won't at least double the work of inputting/editing our products.

Thanks,
    Tom…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Services & Products Control

A feature allowing us to completely remove a product or service verses just hiding it. With it "Hidden", when entering revised item it pushes us to the "Variable Item" that I don't want to use. Would also like to be able to edit multiple items at once verses one at a time going through the list

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base