JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Settings

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Products & Services Tree - Parent-Child relationships

Should be able to select a product and then select from sub-products or have other choices (size, color, variation), and potentially sub-sub-products underneath them.

This would allow for a lot more flexibility, organization, and speed when creating an estimate or invoice.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Products & Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import / Export Products & Services

From and To CSV & Excel. This would allow you to make edits or manipulate them quicker.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Products & Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now have Search available on the Products & Services page, allowing you to easily and quickly find specific products on your list.

This should help with managing this list in the near term.

3. Create More Restrictive Access Profile

We would like our crew chiefs to have access to job records for a day, they would be assigned to the record. They would only have access to take pictures directly into the job record. At the end of the day, they would be unassigned. If there are issues with the install, we would like them to send the crew chiefs a work order with photos impeded of the problem

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Access Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to Include Attachments in Automation Emails

It would be nice when status is changed to "Paid and Complete" an automated email sends out of my warranty paperwork and all viable, my selection, documents needed for customer

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More Email Options In Automation

JobNimbus absolutely needs to be able to send email automation to "Additional Recipients". The current parameters trap you inside of JobNimbus NOT allowing to send email to a designated email address outside of users or contacts etc. This is a must if we are to alert our field techs without them being a user.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Color Coding for Workflow Types

Color coding is quite a blessing to the eyes. I find myself applying it to my everyday to visually see what's in front of me and my mind being able to sort of the different categories. It would be awesome to see Job Nimbus allow this for tasks, jobs, calendar... to apply what my tasks/jobs/events best falls under.

Set colors by workflow type for jobs, tasks, contacts, etc. Have those colors be assigned automatically based on the type that is chosen for the record.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  7 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Better Time Tracking (Timer, GPS)

Please add a timer tab. So i can start a timer when i get to a job, assign it to a job, and have it automatically be added.

It would sell me if you had a timer tab. So i can start a timer when i get to a job, assign it to a job, and have it automatically be added to the invoice.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  5 comments  ·  Time Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Lead Source as Automation Condition

At present:
    IF type = Customer
    IF status = Active

Needs:
    IF LeadSource = <selected>

This automation would enable based on lead source where and whom to send creating tremendous flexibility including the immediate dispatch of web form leads to say a designated dispatcher.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automation option to allow a Job to be created when a customer is created

Since we have enabled the "job option", it would nice to create a Job automatically when we create a customer. This would be done via an automation rule. Currently the option only allows creation of a Task.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Time tracking for non-users

Would be so helpful to have the ability to add workers and track their hours in Jobnimbus without them needing to be a Jobnimbus user. Even a lower access account option for workers (as an add-on to our account) would work. Our workers are just laborers and don't need to access anything in Jobnimbus, but we need to track their hours.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Time Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Match Invoice #'s, Work Order #'s, to Job/Contact number

It would be nice if invoices, work orders, and estimates could be given the same custom # we give our jobs.

For example, an invoice created under job 225STL15 would be Invoice # 225STL15

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently you can custom create your job numbers on the fly and you can set the next sequential number for your estimates, invoices, work orders, etc, though if you create a second one on the same job, or create a new job before creating a work order then the sequence can be lost.

We will definitely consider this going forward.

12. Permissions for Adding/Editing Products & Services

Over time our number of estimate items grows, because various people add new items to estimates. I would like to control who has access to creating new items for estimates.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Access Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automation for Subtasks

It would make our process twice as fast if we could automate subtasks! Right now when a new job is created I have to go back into every task and create the subtasks. Kind of a pain but it's better than having 100 tasks. It is much easier for us to delegate and keep track when we can consolidate the tasks and have more subtasks because some of our tasks are more like big checklists of everything we have to check on for a meeting within a job.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. new product entry restriction

JN should have a permission where we can choose if an access profile can add new products & services. I am soon to have 75 sales reps and I do not want them adding new items.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Access Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Action for 'Change Job Status' in Automation (Estimate, etc)

It has not been that long that JN added the ability to automate changing a contact's status through setting up a rule, but when will JN add this feature for jobs?
    I'd like to be able create an automated task for my job boards to have my job change status.
    I'd like to see the conditions added:
    * status change condition - so when a status is changed on one board, then the rule would change status again which would move job to next board
    * task completion - upon a certain task being completed, the job's status would be…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  6 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sorting, Grouping, and Tagging for Automation Rules

We've got dozens of rules in our automation settings and there's many dozens more we're going to create. It would be great to be able to group them based on the client type or other criteria, then sort so that the order matches the workflow as it would make that particular rule so much easier to find when editing. Then perhaps also colour tag different rules within the groups, which could be useful to easily differentiate between status updates, email actions, PA task actions, sales rep task actions, etc.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve released an update that alphabetizes all automation rules. This should get you started with keeping your rules together, but we’ll be working on future updates that will improve automation organization going forward. Stay tuned!

17. Ability to keep track of sub contractor's insurance

It would be great if we had to ability to keep track of subcontractors licenses, insurance and certifications. I'd like the ability to store the documents with the sub contractor.

Most important would be email notifications on pre-defined intervals about expiring documents, so we would have warning in order to obtain new certs, etc..

I just moved from a competing product that had this feature and it was one of the only good things I can say about it.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Subcontractors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Subcontractor Pay Function

One of the biggest pains in my neck is paying subcontractors. We export the job list to Excel and then generate a tab for payment for each job. I just hired an Excel demi-god to streamline the process, but I think it would be a good near-future project for JN. It seems that it would be so easy to have a sub-pay form that is built off of the work order. I hate to ask you to do this because I don't want to make it easy for my competition, but I think it would be worth doing. If you…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Subcontractors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automated Task Deletion or Allow Customer to Accept/Reject Proposals and trigger automation

Example:

When you send a Proposal to a customer, the next step is either, sign with you and conduct business, or lose the sale due to a number of different reasons. When we send a customer a proposal, two tasks are automatically created. One task is titled "Accepted", the other "Declined". Should the customer choose to accept, the sales consultant will go into the job and Check "Accepted" as complete and this will move the job status of the job. Should the customer decline, the sales consultant will go into the job and Check "Declined" as complete and this will…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sounds like a good workaround, though it also sounds like we could do better by allowing the proposal directly to be accepted or rejected and have that trigger the automation to move it to the next status, without you having to hassle with tasks.

I’ve let our dev team know what you’re doing and trying to accomplish, and they’ll work towards building an improved solution for you!

20. Adding "Start Time" field when logging time on mobile app

You already have the fields to enter the time logged hours started on the desktop, but not on the mobile. I'd really like that feature on the mobile as well so I know when a job was started, and by adding the hours, when it ended on a particular day.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Time Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base