JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Settings

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Feature to specify a tag in the task when you create it via automation

Add the Tag field to the window you fill out to auto-create a task.

That way,one could check the tag in the task when the task is completed and the automation process would know how to set the job status and also create the next set of tasks and send out appropriate notifications.

One could do this by creating lots of additional task types, but I think using tags, is a cleaner approach

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. better automation functions

It would be great if we could automate creation of documents and invoices, and then emailing those documents as attachments.

Example: I change the status of a job to "Completed," and then JobNimbus runs through the automated triggers of "when job status is completed, create Certificate of Completion," "when job status is completed, create invoice," when job status is completed, email invoice to customer."

Things like that. A big reason that I chose JN was that I believed that I could accomplish multiple things with one click, and I am not getting that.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Send email to "Customer Email" in Automation

It would be really nice to be able to Automate emails to 'Customers email address" associated with the automation rule.

Example: If I set up an Automation Rule that will send an email to the Customer when a Material Order has been placed. This would allow my customers to be notified that materials have been ordered for their project and let them know that the job is going to start soon.

Other Automation Rules could also be set up with this feature that will notify via Email to our customers as their projects are being processed through our company.

This…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better Company Logo handling

The current logo size is a predefined rectangle. Is it possible to get a square? Our logo is round and it would be nice to have it in full size in our templates.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Company Info  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lead Source as Automation Condition

At present:
    IF type = Customer
    IF status = Active

Needs:
    IF LeadSource = <selected>

This automation would enable based on lead source where and whom to send creating tremendous flexibility including the immediate dispatch of web form leads to say a designated dispatcher.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Action for 'Change Job Status' in Automation (Estimate, etc)

It has not been that long that JN added the ability to automate changing a contact's status through setting up a rule, but when will JN add this feature for jobs?
    I'd like to be able create an automated task for my job boards to have my job change status.
    I'd like to see the conditions added:
    * status change condition - so when a status is changed on one board, then the rule would change status again which would move job to next board
    * task completion - upon a certain task being completed, the job's status would be…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  6 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. EagleView as an automated task

I would like EagleView to be optional as an automated task. For example, I don't need to order one just based on a simple phone call to my company, but I do need one before I build a roof project. If I could set this as an automated function once one of my contacts is changed to a certain status, then I would not have to have my production managers manual order it each time, and EV could be working on the report immediately, which would save me time and prevent duplicate orders.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mobile app and desktop to have different access

I have three managers that need access to all active contacts. I wish there was a way to keep their desktop access to see everything but limit their mobile app to just their teams contacts. The problem is the mobile app is pretty much useless at this point. Takes 10 plus minutes to load and usually shuts down. This is on multiple new devices... If I could change their access on the mobile app it would probably function. Need a solution quick on this though....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Subcontractors As Automation Email Recipients

I am setting up some automation for some emergency works we are doing and I wanted to send the appointed subcontractor an email when we set the job up by using a status to set a trigger. The automation is set up as email supplier instruction for emergency works. However there is not an option to send to subcontractors appointed only related contacts or assigned to. This means I would have to send the email to people I do not want to copy in. It would be great if you could specify others you want to copy in on a…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  4 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to Include Attachments in Automation Emails

It would be nice when status is changed to "Paid and Complete" an automated email sends out of my warranty paperwork and all viable, my selection, documents needed for customer

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Automatically change Work Order Status when Invoiced

When a work order is converted to invoice have the option for it to be automatically moved to "Complete" or other status.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While you can’t do this for a Work Order just yet, you could have the status changed automatically on the invoice’s parent Contact or Job using Automation.

The condition would be when an Attachment type of Invoice is added, then change the status. Since we always generate a PDF for your invoice when you save, then that will always trigger the status of the Job or Contact to the desired step.

Give that a try and send any questions to support@JobNimbus.com for help with getting that set up!

12. More Email Options In Automation

JobNimbus absolutely needs to be able to send email automation to "Additional Recipients". The current parameters trap you inside of JobNimbus NOT allowing to send email to a designated email address outside of users or contacts etc. This is a must if we are to alert our field techs without them being a user.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to Schedule A Status Change

It would be very helpful if a job/contact status change, could be able to be triggered by a custom field.

For example I would like to have all my jobs waiting on material delivery to be changed to material delivered, when the date in the Delivery Date field is equal to Today.

Or when a job is in next day production have the job automatically change to In Production the day the job is on the calendar.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sorting, Grouping, and Tagging for Automation Rules

We've got dozens of rules in our automation settings and there's many dozens more we're going to create. It would be great to be able to group them based on the client type or other criteria, then sort so that the order matches the workflow as it would make that particular rule so much easier to find when editing. Then perhaps also colour tag different rules within the groups, which could be useful to easily differentiate between status updates, email actions, PA task actions, sales rep task actions, etc.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve released an update that alphabetizes all automation rules. This should get you started with keeping your rules together, but we’ll be working on future updates that will improve automation organization going forward. Stay tuned!

15. Ability to keep track of sub contractor's insurance

It would be great if we had to ability to keep track of subcontractors licenses, insurance and certifications. I'd like the ability to store the documents with the sub contractor.

Most important would be email notifications on pre-defined intervals about expiring documents, so we would have warning in order to obtain new certs, etc..

I just moved from a competing product that had this feature and it was one of the only good things I can say about it.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Subcontractors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show Jobs Assigned on Subcontractor Contact Page

Itt would be really nice if when viewing a contact that has the "subcontractor" parameter marked, any jobs where the subcontractor is listed as the subcontractor in "Subcontractor" Field would appear on their contact page. The result would be similar to how the jobs appear for any contact listed as a "Related Contact" on a job.
    Reason: I want to be able to pull up my subcontractor's contact page and quickly view all open jobs that subcontractor is currently doing for us. This can be beneficial for billing purposes, phone conversations with the subcontractor and more.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Subcontractors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create More Restrictive Access Profile

We would like our crew chiefs to have access to job records for a day, they would be assigned to the record. They would only have access to take pictures directly into the job record. At the end of the day, they would be unassigned. If there are issues with the install, we would like them to send the crew chiefs a work order with photos impeded of the problem

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Access Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Permissions for Adding/Editing Products & Services

Over time our number of estimate items grows, because various people add new items to estimates. I would like to control who has access to creating new items for estimates.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Access Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automate Status Change of Child Records (Change WO Status when Job status is changed)

Our Sales Rep creates his WO's right after haveing a contract signed. The Production Manger authorizes them later in the workflow after a Job approval process. When the rep creates the WO's they start in a pending status. When the Manager later authorizes the Job it would be nice to have the status on all WO's change the status to the next WO status. (for example "authorized). This would allow us to create a board that starts tracking the WO at "authorized" and have all the WO's show up automatically. This is currently how we do it but the Manager…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Color Coding for Workflow Types

Color coding is quite a blessing to the eyes. I find myself applying it to my everyday to visually see what's in front of me and my mind being able to sort of the different categories. It would be awesome to see Job Nimbus allow this for tasks, jobs, calendar... to apply what my tasks/jobs/events best falls under.

Set colors by workflow type for jobs, tasks, contacts, etc. Have those colors be assigned automatically based on the type that is chosen for the record.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  7 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base