JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Settings

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Match Invoice #'s, Work Order #'s, to Job/Contact number

It would be nice if invoices, work orders, and estimates could be given the same custom # we give our jobs.

For example, an invoice created under job 225STL15 would be Invoice # 225STL15

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently you can custom create your job numbers on the fly and you can set the next sequential number for your estimates, invoices, work orders, etc, though if you create a second one on the same job, or create a new job before creating a work order then the sequence can be lost.

We will definitely consider this going forward.

2. Time Sheets for Subcontractor and Non-User Time Tracking

Being able to track time spent for each job

It would be great to track how much time was spent on a job vs how much time was budgeted.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Time Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding "Start Time" field when logging time on mobile app

You already have the fields to enter the time logged hours started on the desktop, but not on the mobile. I'd really like that feature on the mobile as well so I know when a job was started, and by adding the hours, when it ended on a particular day.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Time Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Private File Visual Indicator

Some sort of visual indicator to show that an attachment or note is marked as private so that it is easy to tell at a glance what is public and private.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Subcontractor Pay Function

One of the biggest pains in my neck is paying subcontractors. We export the job list to Excel and then generate a tab for payment for each job. I just hired an Excel demi-god to streamline the process, but I think it would be a good near-future project for JN. It seems that it would be so easy to have a sub-pay form that is built off of the work order. I hate to ask you to do this because I don't want to make it easy for my competition, but I think it would be worth doing. If you…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Subcontractors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Products & Services Tree - Parent-Child relationships

Should be able to select a product and then select from sub-products or have other choices (size, color, variation), and potentially sub-sub-products underneath them.

This would allow for a lot more flexibility, organization, and speed when creating an estimate or invoice.

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Products & Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automation for Subtasks

It would make our process twice as fast if we could automate subtasks! Right now when a new job is created I have to go back into every task and create the subtasks. Kind of a pain but it's better than having 100 tasks. It is much easier for us to delegate and keep track when we can consolidate the tasks and have more subtasks because some of our tasks are more like big checklists of everything we have to check on for a meeting within a job.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better Time Tracking (Timer, GPS)

Please add a timer tab. So i can start a timer when i get to a job, assign it to a job, and have it automatically be added.

It would sell me if you had a timer tab. So i can start a timer when i get to a job, assign it to a job, and have it automatically be added to the invoice.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  5 comments  ·  Time Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2-Step Verification for Login

I'd like to see a feature to add a two-factor authentication. There is sensitive data and information and I'd like to see another level of security added.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Import / Export Products & Services

From and To CSV & Excel. This would allow you to make edits or manipulate them quicker.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Products & Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now have Search available on the Products & Services page, allowing you to easily and quickly find specific products on your list.

This should help with managing this list in the near term.

11. Days Since Last Activity

If you have a Days in Status, can you add a Days Since Last Activity AND the ability to set triggers based on this.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have a “Date Updated” which gives you the last time the record was updated or had activity.

You can use this to sort and filter in reports, and you can also sort by Date Updated on Boards.

This should get you most of the way there to what you’re looking for.

12. Ability to remove Units of Measure

Right now, we can add our own units of measure. However we can't delete them once they've been added? How is this not an option by default? This is extremely disappointing, and I feel like it should be something that is set by default. I was testing out the units of measure to see if I could use this field in a different way. Now I'm stuck with 10+ field options that no way relate to a unit of measure.....

On an expanded note... make the unit of measure longer than 5 friggin' characters.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Products & Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. budget

It would be nice to create an automation that would automatically create a budget based on the line items and amounts when an invoice is created.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Auto-completion of Tasks using Automation

Can you make it so we can set up automation that, same as the create task feature, it completes the task for you automatically based on the logic we have there.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix Time Tracking graphics issues

At present, the dashboard has the task number and time required for the task over lapping making it hard to see how long a task will take. Please shift the time to the left. See attachment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Time Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tasks Created from Work Orders with Work Order PDF Attached

Ability to create automated workorder task with attached w/o that will sync to your google calendar after every workorder is created. It does this on the JN calendar now, but does not sync to google so I have manually create install date task to have it sync to our google calendars.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reorder Template Questions

This works great for our workflows but I need the ability to reorder the questions like other sort capabilities in JobNimbus.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Associated Products / Linked Products & Services

It would be great if we could associate products to each other. Ex: if you need (item#) then you will need (item#) so it will auto populate or ask do you want to add this item too? Certain mini split systems I sell need an adaptor so if we select that item it would be beneficial that it auto populates so its not forgotten.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Products & Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The ability to receive an email and then update the status of a project

The ability to receive an email and then automatically update the status of a project. For example, if a vendor sends an email notifying us that our order has arrived, it would be nice for JobNimbus to accept that message and update the status of a project or task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Duplicate for Products & Services

It would be so much easier to be able to duplicate a product or service so we don't have to type out every product. For instance:
    Shingle cost:
    Mark up:
    Tax:
    Labor cost per pitch: 5 different labors according to pitch

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Products & Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base