JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Financials

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invoice informing users that only a portion is due now.

A way to send an invoice and inform customers that only a portion of the invoice is due now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Estimates have exact same Invoice/ Work Order/ Material Order Number

Make it a sticky feature, that whatever estimate number is generated it claims the ability to use the same Invoice/Work Order/ Material Order Number automatically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create Material Order from portions of Estimate

I would like to be able to select individual line items on an estimate then create a Material Order from the selection. Currently you have to either create them all by hand or covert Estimate to a Material Order, then edit all the items not destined for a particular vendor. It's a real pain when you have multiple vendors to order from for a big estimate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Material Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide the "Item" Column on Estimate Templates

I'd like the ability to not have the item name visible on an estimate sent to the customer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Paid/unpaid Work Order

Add a paid/unpaid option to work orders. Or, an accounts payable invoice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Total sum of financial types

Would like to see the total sum of each financial type inside the financials tab

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AUTOMATED RULES FOR COMMISSION

I don't want to manually add my commission every time I complete a job. I want to add my cost and price to my invoice, and auto-calculate the commission to the rep on the job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Should add a profit margin slider

There should be a spot where we can add a discount with both percentage and dollar amount.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Auto Save

Ridiculous that there is no autosave feature. Multiple hours into an estimate and everything was lost because a tab was accidentally pushed ( just next to a slide bar mind you ). This has happened multiple times...add in a burp in your wifi connection and once again all work is lost.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Work Orders

Work Orders with Field Options:
    If we could have Work Orders with optional fields, we could use them somewhat like a checklist for each type of Work Order. I love to ask questions in fields as a reminder to our users to think and make decisions for each item in my Work Order 'checklist' so to speak. If we could custom hide fields on the specified Work Order Templates, that would get this accomplished. For example, I want to see certain fields in my General Work Orders. I have a speparate set of fields (questions) in my Shingle Roof Replacement…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add memo field when adding payments in Job Nimbus that syncs to Quickbooks.

It would be nice to have a "memo" field in the "add payments" tab that way I don't have to add payment and then go to QuickBooks to add the memo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Assign Labor material items to sections

It would be great if we could while entering an item have an option to put it under a section rather than having to drag it to that section. If you forget to add something to a section and then later remember it gets frustrating if you have a lot of items and sections.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Products & Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Select Default Template

User would like to set a default template so that he can quickly create financial documents with a pre-determined default to save time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adding Sections to estimate

I have requested this before, but couldn't find it to see status. Any way So I add a section and need to add description. The way it is set up now it is hard to see if I have my wording correct, spelling correct description complete etc. So what I do is open notepad type my description then copy and paste into the estimate. i've attached a screenshot of sections in the previous software I used. It would be great if we could do something similar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to duplicate estimates and save under a different job

It should be a no brainier but it's impossible! I have multiple jobs that I need to create a similar estimate for. I don't want to create an estimate template. I just want to duplicate the estimate and assign to a different job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have taxes show on material orders

I would like to have taxes show on material orders

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Material Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Page Breaks for template

The ability to insert a page break into a template. We have several templates that require a break. My boss is extremely frustrated.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Which templates are you wanting to add a page break to?

On certain forms, like an estimate, it seems like the page breaks would need to be conditional based on the number of line items, which would be quite tricky.

Thanks,
    Aaron

19. I would like to duplicate Work orders

I would like to be able to duplicate work order so that I can tweak the duplicate and send it to another trade without editing the main work order that our estimator created.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Invoice Term: "Due Upon Completion" and/or "TBD" and/or "Net##" Without a Specific Date

We register a deposit from the customer, the customer wants a receipt, there is no way to email a payment confirmation right? We have to email an Invoice, correct? Well the Invoice only allows for a specific date as the due date, or "Due Upon Receipt (of the Invoice)". We don't know when the actual install is going to happen, so we need "Due Upon Completion" and/or "TBD" and/or "Net##" Without a Specific Date.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base