JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Financials

How can we improve the financials?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Estimate Options (e.g. Good, Better, Best)

On the estimate be able to have options. So that the options do not all total together at the bottom. Right now it gives an unaccurate total amount.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viewed  ·  15 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A commission sheet that i can print off for salesman

I really wish there was a section where I could print off a commission sheet for salesman. Right now I am building one in the budget form for them and then printing it. There is not a print button in this section and it makes it very difficult. We would also like the option of net profit.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Accept/Decline Estimate From Email

Customer should be able to accept or decline estimate from the email sent and offer them a digital signature which would then show accepted in the job. This would then make our automations proceed.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move Estimate from Contact to Job

It would be nice to be able to convert an estimate that was created under the Contact to a Job. The problem I'm having is when i create a contact then add an estimate then if i win the estimate i add a job then the estimate is not under the job. is there away to assign estimates to the job so i can convert in to an invoice under the job?

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 'Paid' Stamp on Paid Invoices

Paid stamp on paid in full invoices. This is not on the newer template, just the older one.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to Track/Calculate a Draw Against Commissions

Many company's offer the sales person a draw against commission when the ACV check is collected. Job nimbus currently does not allow the calculation to record or recover that draw when the final commission is paid.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  5 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Total Estimate Discount Percent (%) on estimates, invoices

Be able to have a line item availability on estimates (and invoice) at the bottom for discount percentages and dollar amounts. We give specific discounts and would like to be able to show these amounts in writing and have it calculate in the estimate and invoice based on the total of the job.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Email, Print, or PDF for Budget

Currently there is no option to email, print or pdf a job budget which is very beneficial in forwarding to your salesforce. The work around is a printscreen which unfortunately captures everything on the screen and is not very professional. We have a Snag It program that we can use to capture just the budget flow to make things better but it would really save time if the program has this option automatically.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  8 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. List of all outstanding Invoices by Client

It would be nice to send a statement of all the invoices that are outstanding with a particular client, instead of having to send multiple invoices.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have a few users that need this feature as well. It’s on our radar and we plan to get to it mid next year.

Sorry about the wait, but we’ll try to get it in as soon as we can!

11. Customer approval for Estimates

If customers could sign with their finger on phone or tablet an approval for the estimate that was just sent to them and alert you right away.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Save payment terms on invoice templates

I would like to see that when I am personalizing my invoice template that I can save the terms. It appears to default to Net 15. We run on Net 30. If missed it can make a huge difference in the collections process.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Warning When Attempting to Edit, Attach to Contacts/Jobs that are Archived

Have a pop up on Paid and Closed clients when someone attempts to add an attachment?
    We are running into an issue with invoices added to the job after it is closed - which we can adjust - but the person needs to be informed it is Paid and Closed so they can contact the office.

The pop-up could say, "Paid and Closed Client. Do you wish to proceed?"

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Budget Feature to include Estimate vs Actual

It'd be great if we had additional columns in the Budget feature that enabled entry of an estimated cost and an Actual cost, alongside the existing Budget cost. Allowing the estimated and actual costs to be entered creates a full-fledged Job Cost ability, versus just a budget amount.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Deposit and/or Progress Payments + Receipts

Under Financials & Estimates, the ability to create "Payment Acknowledgements / Receipts" for deposits &/or progress payments without changing the status of the estimate to "Invoiced".

Another great feature would be one with the ability to send a deposit or progress payment request that ties into the estimate and shows any prior payments.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  4 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More Customizable Form in Financial Tab

It would be nice if there was a more customizable form in the finances
    section for each job. I would like to be able to make a "Cap Sheet" for each job for the salesmen's commissions. I can almost do this with the Budget form but want to be able to subtract out any advances or draws on the same form. For example:

Bills
    ABC Supply: $3000
    Labor- roof : $2000
    Home Depot: $50
    Total $5050

Job Total: $12000
    Job Cost 1200
    Job Expense(bills) 5050
    Profit 5750
    Commision 2875
    4% draw ($480)
    Draw/Advances ($500)
    Commision Due 1895

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Work Order design for sub contractors - contact info, signatures, etc.

We use our Work Order's as the contract with the SubContractors with terms and conditions for their scope of work. Having a contractor digital signature line would make that easier.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More User-Friendly Template Formatting

The templates really need to be easier to format in certain sections. Under the special instructions, it is really time consuming right now and should be much easier to use.

It would be great if it was much easier to use.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The ability to upload existing company documents into the Templates, to create a Template from

During setup, or even later, if I create a document for my company's use, and then want to make it a Template so that I can use JobNimbus functions with said document, I have to literally rebuild the document in your editor, which is time-consuming. I already spent the time to make it once, so I'd like to use it as is.

Even something simple like uploading a PDF and tagging the areas to insert short codes (not requiring editing of the text/format of the PDF) would be very helpful.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Custom Payment Methods

Need to customize Payment Methods and be able to edit other payment methods. I.E. In house Finance, Greensky, PayPal, Square, ect.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we don’t currently have support for this on the JobNimbus side, if you’re using QuickBooks Desktop, you can add custom payment methods to QBD and then map them to existing ones in JobNimbus in order to have those sync properly.

We’ll keep this on our list to address in a future update.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base