JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Financials

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding items

It would be nice if I didn't have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page each time I want to enter a new item or service. It get aggravating when the quote has many sections and items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sections

It would be great if the sections on estimates were set up to where you had a separate box for section title and a description box for the details. and the detail box opened up so you could see in entirety what you are typing. I will insert a screen shot of the system I used before.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Master Markup function to adjust pricing for all items at once.

Today if we want to adjust our Profit Margin we have to click into every single item and adjust thousands of Markup percentages. It would be great to be able to adjust the entire catalog uniformly with one master entry.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Products & Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Split Cell for Financial Document over Multiple Pages

If a financial document is created and the contents of the one of cells of that document are too large to fit on the page with existing content, it moves the whole cell to another page, potentially creating a very large gap.

It would be great if the cell broke up across multiple pages like it would do in an application like Microsoft Word for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Deposits/Installments Based on Percentage

When you create an invoice and accept a payment from the customer, you currently need to put in a dollar amount.

It would be nice to have an option to use a percentage of the total for the deposit/installment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sub invoices/payroll

A way to convert a work order for sub contractor payroll that way we can send to them and come to an agreed amount with the subs for their pay

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. See Boards in mobile app

Be able to have the capability to view and possibly drag and drop jobs and move them along in the process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More customizable Templates

I would like to be able to build a static template for our site visits that would populate from JN. I would like to be able to format it similar to the estimate form (with the different text boxes), but I can't manipulate all those areas and when I try to build a 'Document Template, there is no way to create those text boxes like the ones in the estimate template. it's frustrating because it's a simple word feature under the Developer tab, but I have to pay some other app to be able to do it here in JN.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. on invoice and work order pages

could i get the phone number and email address on the invoice just under the name and address of client ??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. WO showing cost

Show cost on WO. this will allow the sub to see what they are getting paid. or at least make it a option. If it is already a option then make it easy to find in setting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Eagleview and Xactimate

The integration is great to have the report come in but converting eagle view data into a work order and or material order by creating a table from eagleview in order to create a generic order for material and labor would allow the flexibility for ordering. This would be a better strategy for Job Nimbus instead of focusing on supplier specific integrations which could later used once the order is created. Currently we are translating from document to data to document. This would the same issue with bringing in xactimate as a document vs data

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Material Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow attachments/pictures to be added to estimates

<p>Allow attachments/pictures to be added to estimates. Be able to customize a message before emailing invoice, etc.</p>

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Logging expenses more effectively inside the app

We would like a way of logging expenses more efficiently inside the app. When someone runs to a hardware store or roofing supplier to pick up some additional material we need a more efficient way of tracking this in JobNimbus. We do not want to create a material order which would require that we have the products entered into products and services. We would also like to attach the receipt as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Product service update

When I update a price or product information it would be nice if the templates automatically updated instead of me having to go in and redo every single template because the price change doesnt update automatically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Products & Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Comissions Based on Customer Payment

We pay sales commissions as the customer pays progress payments. Is there a way to track commission based on customer payments?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 digit year when posting payments

Is there a way you can change the program to accept 2 digit years when posting payments, currently it requires the entire 4 digits unless you use the calendar. As the bookkeeper posting payments all day long, this is the only program I use on a daily basis that requires 4 digits

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop totals from adding on the estimate when using the good, better or best system of selling.

I would like the totals to show blank until the customer has chosen the options they are going to agree to. This way you don't send the customer an inflated estimate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add extra columns for total estimates, invoices, margin, and budget not just most recent.

Add extra columns for total estimates, invoices, margin, and budget not just most recent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. the ability to modify column size on estimate and invoice templates

Currently, lots of space is wasted on estimate forms because you cannot modify the item column. It takes up too much space; making an otherwise one page estimate into a two page estimate. I don't like it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base