JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Financials

How can we improve the financials?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ability to "protect" certain invoice statuses

It would be awesome if there was a feature that allowed Admins to put an invoice into a protected status so that up until that point, other team members could edit it, but after it goes into the status, other people with "limited" permissions profiles couldn't edit or delete the invoice. For example, let's say anyone can edit or create an invoice in Status 1, Status 2, and Status 3. Then, only an Admin user can put the invoice status to #4, and once it's in Status 4, limited access profiles can no longer edit the invoice.
    Another take on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Material Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The ability to add payments to an invoice via the mobile app.

Currently there is no way to add a payment to an invoice via the mobile app. This is extremely inconvenient that I have to add a payment at the office instead of on site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Estimate drop downs in alphabetical order

In products & services the items are in order but in the drop down menu when creating an estimate they are our of order.
    Example:
    Steep 07/12
    Steep 08/12
    Steep 09/12
    Steep 10/12

vs
    Steep 10/12
    Steep 08/12
    Steep 07/12
    Steep 09/12

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Estimates - Ability to duplicate

I created a Parts List from the estimate template. We use it to create a detailed parts list for the job. Many of our jobs are very similar, so rather than have to build them from scratch each time. It would be very useful to clone an existing parts list and insert it into another job. Then simply edit quantities or adjust items as necessary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Estimate - assign vendor

Would it be possible to add a drop-down menu to the estimate that would list the vendor you plan to purchase from? For example, if we are building a roof estimate and plan to get our metal from "Tennison Brothers" but our shingle material from "Spec", could we list it then? That way, when we convert to a purchase order, it knows that it needs to convert it to two separate purchase orders? Thoughts?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. the ability to copy existing saved estimate and work order templates.

Creating a new template is pretty easy. That said, we have created some fairly complex templates and would like to build new templates off those that have been saved rather than starting from scratch. Basically, we need a 'save as' option when we edit an existing saved template.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to Restrict or Password Protect Editing of Templates

We need the ability to restrict who can edit a saved template (not a Design Template, as we already know a restriction exists for those), either through the access profiles or through password protection. This would have to be a restriction that is separate from the current restrictions, because there are people that still have the need to create and edit documents (estimates, material orders, etc.) by using and modifying the template for that particular instance, without needing the ability to edit the saved template itself. Our saved templates have been inadvertently modified due to lack of this separate restriction,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Estimates - faster loading/faster in general

when I save estimates or try to edit them it takes up to 30 seconds for it to load sometimes longer. not sure if ya'll are aware. I see another user posted a similar critic. I understand it may not be a widespread problem but i am having the same issues on different devices on different internet connections.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Estimates - Button to mark it sent

I'm new to JN.. when I create an Estimate, I keep forgetting to go in and mark it "sent". Could you put visible buttons on the right-hand side or something where we can easily mark it sent or whatever.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Budget Quickbooks Sync with Material Orders

there is no link between material order amounts and the rest of the crm.

There needs to be the ability to pull a report with the actual numbers, sync those to QB, or at least push them to create a budget. You are forcing double entry because I cannot find any way to push the data - even internally - to be useful. As a result, we still have to cost everything out of quickbooks. I could get a contact sync to quickbooks anywhere - this is really disappointing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Convert Material Order to Budget

My company could really use a "job costing" feature. Basically it does the same thing as the Budget, but it communicates with the Material Order or Work Order. I need something that allows me to input a total contract price and then calculates my overhead as a percentage of that price. Then it imports my Material Order and subtracts those costs from the total, allows me to input labor costs, and can calculate other fees based on the number of roofing squares. We use an excel spreadsheet for our job costing (or Precap) but we have to double enter the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Quicker Estimates Tax Selecting

An easier or quicker way to enter/select the tax city/amount? On a large quote, you have to click the drop down, then scroll down and select the city. possibly allow it to automatically populate with the same as all others and if you don't want a tax amount, allow just a section option within each estimate. Just possible suggestions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Estimates - Duplicate Sections

Would be great if I could be able to duplicate sections and then I would just have to change or enter quantities.

Also, when you create an invoice from a work order, the taxes aren't pulled into the invoice. All invoices have to be created from estimates. Would make it easier if estimates, work orders and invoice were integrated a little better.

Also, when you add payments at the bottom of the screen, it doesn't automatically update the invoice that was created and allow you to submit new invoice with the payment and remaining balance. In order to do this,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Estimate type

Please add a Type field to the estimate that is viewable on the main financials page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Approval of commission in budget & reports

Please add an option of "Mark Approved" on the budget commission this way We can have a report filter that will show us what job commissions are to be paid instead of just a list of all unpaid commissions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unique budget templates for locations

I would love to be able to make Budget templates that are unique to my individual offices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Auto Save Drafts - Financials, Contracts and Activity

I am frustrated with the fact that if you forget to save a estimate they is no "safety net". There should be a way that Nimbus could automatically SAVE a draft just like a email draft is saved. Please note the same should apply to Activity. There should be an automatic SAVE
    or draft as sometimes an email is a work in progress.
    I would greatly appreciate feedback on this subject. I am in the nimbus program daily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base