JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Contacts & Jobs

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filter Boards by Salesman

User would like the ability for team members with access to all contacts to have the ability to quickly filter existing boards to only show contacts associated with a selected salesman.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When you are in a customer record and you have another contact related to the one you have open - when you open the related one, wish the or

When you are in a customer record and you have another contact related to the one you have open - when you open the related one, wish the original one would remain open and the second one appear in a pop up window. Sometimes you need information from both

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reply option in job and contact notes

When someone leaves a note, it would be great to be able to leave a response under the original note to keep all relevant note activity together in one place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity & Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Red alert messages that populate at top of job or contact

It would be great to be able to leave a red alert message on the job and contact that always populates at the top of the page or at the top of the message activity for important info that otherwise gets lost in the message activity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity & Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sort Contact List by Alphabetical Order

The ability to edit the Contact view list to be able to sort it by alphabetical order

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Move Boards to new lines even if previous line isn't full

Be able to move the boards to a new line, even if previous row isn't full, to separate sets of boards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. For multiple locations, the location field for the job and invoice needs to sync onto QBO invoice

If you have multiple locations and you want to run profitability reports by location then you have to have the revenue from the invoices tagged by location and that location needs to sync to QBO. Right now the jobs have a location and the QBO invoice has a location, but they do not sync. So, in order to get your invoices that have synced from JN to QBO separated in QBO by location, you have to run a report in JN by location and manually change every invoice to the correct location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow different email and phone on job

I would like to see an additional email and phone number in the jobs. Some jobs under a contact might have a different person of contact from other jobs. Example of this would be, we are currently dealing with a large property management company that pays the bills, but has 3 managers that are in control of a certain amount of buildings. I would like to be able to leave the primary contact as the property management company with their information and then be able to put the specific managers info in the jobs for direct communication with them. I…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export Contact/Job History

User would like to be able to create reports for a specific customer including financials, invoices, estimates, images, etc. so that he can have a document with all of the data he needs about a particular customer in one place. He would also like this report to be available in PDF form.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Production Manager field just like Sales

The Sales person field is so nice because it pulls over the name of the sales person assigned to that job in the automations / templates. I would like to see a field for the Production Manager as well since there is a team of PM's and Sales Reps. It would be nice to have my automations auto add their PM's names. The email templates allow it, but the automation tasks etc, do not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When configured to use jobs, limit what entities can be attached to a customer

We need the option to disallow creating, financials, attachments, etc when JobNimbus is configured to use Jobs.

When a customer record is selected, it should only show the list of jobs related to the customer and have the ability to create a new job.

We often have salesmen attach documents and financial info the the customer record instead of the appropriate Job. You can't move them, so it is delete and redo.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom Color Tags for Board CView

User would like location based color tags for contacts on a board. User would like to be able to easily open up a board and see something that easily speaks to the location of customers on a specific stage in their workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Contact field for multiple email address

Some of our contacts have multiple emails. It would be helpful if there was an option to have multiple emails listed for a contact

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Convert Contact into Job

It would be nice to take a contact and turn it into a job and attach it to another contact. Sometimes my guys create a contact that is a duplicate contact that has multiple jobs. It would be nice to be able to take that contact and attach it to the duplicate as a job.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When you have several related contacts the ability to turn off ones that are closed

If I have a related contact for several customers (same contact-different customers). have the ability to sort into categories.

Customer Info:

B Person
    Xxxx
    Xxxx

Township is Related Contact

When you click on related contact – several customers appear that are connected to this township

Each customer is in a different category – contract signed, home visit scheduled, project closed. Right now they are sorted alphabetically regardless of their category

Have the ability to group these customers into categories, and then alphabetically within categories.
    Would be so much easier to find

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Color code customer tiles based of days in status

Would like the ability to color code the customer tiles based on time in status for a more visual representation of the tiles.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Attach Files to Work Order

Please allow us to be able to attach files (like an Eagleview) to a work order. It would be great to be able to send photos, sketches, measurements, etc. to subcontractors for punch lists, repairs, or even just general info.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make the canned email message for sending Documents editable

We need you to make the canned email message for sending Documents editable (like you just did for emailing Estimates). Our company needs to convey more in an email message than the canned message. More importantly, we want a personal-looking signature so it looks less like spam.

We currently don't use your easy "email" option because of this, even though by not doing so, I have to go in and manually change 3 statuses : Job>Proposed, Estimate>Sent, Contract>Sent.

Keep up the excellent work~

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Referral Name Textbox for Lead Sources

I would like the lead source option "Other" to give sales reps a field to enter a name. Currently I have a custom field for "Referral Name," but I have to run two separate reports (built-in and custom) to get a detailed view of my lead sources.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A way to assign my own Job #'s

It is important that I can assign my own company job number once I have a signed contract. This number is not only my Job Number but is what I use for a P.O. when ordering materials and assigning to a sub-contractor. The numbering system that I currently use reflects the year and job count for that year. Example Job #19-23. Job was sold in 2019 and was the 23rd job of that year. This allows me to not only keep track of how many jobs I actually did but helps me to know when my warranties are up. As…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Contacts & Jobs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base