JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Contacts & Jobs

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GPS coordinates should populate to Jobs from Contacts for Job Report

I can add the GPS Coordinates column on a Contact Report, but when I add it to a Job Report it doesn't pull anything, even if the address is the same as the Contact.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View contact info in job

Inside a job, I would like to see the primary contact's name, phone #, email address, etc. This would make things easier because you wouldn't have to leave the job screen to get that info. Plus, I am a Natural Forms user, and I cannot import those fields into my forms because they do not exist at the job level.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  4 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The ability to create a custom tab under jobs

The ability to add a custom tab you can name under jobs such as "Equipment"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Job number should be listed in format used for email tagging

When looking at the job screen, the job number is listed in the lower right corner. It would so helpful if the number was listed in the format we need to tag the job when sending emails. This would allow for a quick copy/paste.

[Job #20-4797] rather than #20-4797

Many times a customer will email us outside of Job Nimbus and we want to make sure the conversation is recorded so we'll CC our jobnimbus email address and add the job number in the subject line to help with this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Autofill custom fields

Custom fields made within the contact should be linked to the jobs created out of the contacts as well. Currently, the only thing that auto-populates out of the contact when creating a job is the standard fields and we are having to go in and once again, manually enter these custom field information into the jobs too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Job Merging

Create a way to merge two Jobs together.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to rearrange or move the tabs under a Job/Contact

I would like the ability to rearrange the tabs under Jobs/Contacts. The first tab that you see is Activity as a default, but I want to see Job Tasks first. If we could move all of the tabs around to be in order of importance for us, that would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to add a drop down boxes custom field

I would like to have the option to have a drop down box also to Insurance Company name, just like the SUBCONTRACTORS or CONTACT NAME dropbox. it would be a problem solution for people not writing wrong IC names. We can save all our companies there and then we could just pick from what is saved on that field.
    The more detail and organized in JOB info is better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have Contact name, email, phone auto populate Job Owner Name, email and phone.

Have Contact name, email, phone auto populate Job Owner Name, email and phone. It's a pain to have to duplicate this info manually.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Filter Jobs with a board to view all jobs or jobs assigned to me.

Would like to have the ability - if the admin has turned on the ability for users to view all jobs in boards - Give the individual user the ability within boards to show all jobs or just jobs that are assigned to them.

We have a lot of jobs and employees - We don't want to handicap users by only allowing them to see just jobs assigned to them - there are many times that they need to see all jobs to have an idea of what's going on - but at the same time, it would be good…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automation for Status Change

to have the automation for status changes with out having to move the job on the board. Example; once the work orders are complete it sends it in the next stage of the work flow, AR. Since the jobs don't have invoicing until the work is complete them it would make since for the job move to AR. Or, automation to move the job to closed once the invoice is paid in full by the client

You can do this with the parent, but not the job workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. accurate Budget and Financial Document conversions

We have the ability to enter (our) cost and sell price on Products and services and even break down material and labor. Then we can use this to create an estimate. We can then convert this to a budget, work order and Invoice. But when converting to a budget, it would be nice to auto populate our expected cost and sell prices from our item lists to create the budget. When a budget is converted to a work order, it should pull the labor price from the item list. When it is converted to a material order, it should pull…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Days created aging in all jobs

A way to be able to see how many days a job has been open since created and not just in status

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add related contact to job without all of the related contact's previous emails being posted on your new job.

I have a board with all of my suppliers on it as contacts. When I create a new job, I would like to be able to add the supplier I will be using for this customer as a related contact and only see emails to and from this supplier that are relevant to the job I have just created.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. export transaction records into excel

It would be great to export estimates, invoices, payments, etc into CSV format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a spot to put a clickable hyperlink in jobs

In Contacts, if you put a hyperlink in the "website" field it shows as a clickable hyperlink when viewing the contact. In Jobs, there is no way that I am aware of to add a clickable hyperlink in the job info section. We use this feature when sharing JN Contacts or Jobs with other companies as a quick way to click a link and see everything that they have in their JN file for that customer.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. For multiple locations, the location field for the job and invoice needs to sync onto QBO invoice

If you have multiple locations and you want to run profitability reports by location then you have to have the revenue from the invoices tagged by location and that location needs to sync to QBO. Right now the jobs have a location and the QBO invoice has a location, but they do not sync. So, in order to get your invoices that have synced from JN to QBO separated in QBO by location, you have to run a report in JN by location and manually change every invoice to the correct location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow different email and phone on job

I would like to see an additional email and phone number in the jobs. Some jobs under a contact might have a different person of contact from other jobs. Example of this would be, we are currently dealing with a large property management company that pays the bills, but has 3 managers that are in control of a certain amount of buildings. I would like to be able to leave the primary contact as the property management company with their information and then be able to put the specific managers info in the jobs for direct communication with them. I…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When configured to use jobs, limit what entities can be attached to a customer

We need the option to disallow creating, financials, attachments, etc when JobNimbus is configured to use Jobs.

When a customer record is selected, it should only show the list of jobs related to the customer and have the ability to create a new job.

We often have salesmen attach documents and financial info the the customer record instead of the appropriate Job. You can't move them, so it is delete and redo.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Contacts & Jobs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base