JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Contacts & Jobs

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View contact info in job

Inside a job, I would like to see the primary contact's name, phone #, email address, etc. This would make things easier because you wouldn't have to leave the job screen to get that info. Plus, I am a Natural Forms user, and I cannot import those fields into my forms because they do not exist at the job level.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viewed  ·  4 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have Contact name, email, phone auto populate Job Owner Name, email and phone.

Have Contact name, email, phone auto populate Job Owner Name, email and phone. It's a pain to have to duplicate this info manually.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When configured to use jobs, limit what entities can be attached to a customer

We need the option to disallow creating, financials, attachments, etc when JobNimbus is configured to use Jobs.

When a customer record is selected, it should only show the list of jobs related to the customer and have the ability to create a new job.

We often have salesmen attach documents and financial info the the customer record instead of the appropriate Job. You can't move them, so it is delete and redo.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow different email and phone on job

I would like to see an additional email and phone number in the jobs. Some jobs under a contact might have a different person of contact from other jobs. Example of this would be, we are currently dealing with a large property management company that pays the bills, but has 3 managers that are in control of a certain amount of buildings. I would like to be able to leave the primary contact as the property management company with their information and then be able to put the specific managers info in the jobs for direct communication with them. I…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Convert Contact into Job

It would be nice to take a contact and turn it into a job and attach it to another contact. Sometimes my guys create a contact that is a duplicate contact that has multiple jobs. It would be nice to be able to take that contact and attach it to the duplicate as a job.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Filter Jobs with a board to view all jobs or jobs assigned to me.

Would like to have the ability - if the admin has turned on the ability for users to view all jobs in boards - Give the individual user the ability within boards to show all jobs or just jobs that are assigned to them.

We have a lot of jobs and employees - We don't want to handicap users by only allowing them to see just jobs assigned to them - there are many times that they need to see all jobs to have an idea of what's going on - but at the same time, it would be good…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a spot to put a clickable hyperlink in jobs

In Contacts, if you put a hyperlink in the "website" field it shows as a clickable hyperlink when viewing the contact. In Jobs, there is no way that I am aware of to add a clickable hyperlink in the job info section. We use this feature when sharing JN Contacts or Jobs with other companies as a quick way to click a link and see everything that they have in their JN file for that customer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automatically create a job

When creating a contact, it should have an option to select after all information is entered to select if I want to create a job for this contact and it pulls relevant information to the Job from the Contact. IE. : I create a contact, there would be a button at the end, next to SAVE that says "SAVE CONTACT AND ADD A JOB", then it would pull the address, phone number, custom fields into the job. making it an easier flow of use and less typing and clicking.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A way to assign my own Job #'s

It is important that I can assign my own company job number once I have a signed contract. This number is not only my Job Number but is what I use for a P.O. when ordering materials and assigning to a sub-contractor. The numbering system that I currently use reflects the year and job count for that year. Example Job #19-23. Job was sold in 2019 and was the 23rd job of that year. This allows me to not only keep track of how many jobs I actually did but helps me to know when my warranties are up. As…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the canned email message for sending Documents editable

We need you to make the canned email message for sending Documents editable (like you just did for emailing Estimates). Our company needs to convey more in an email message than the canned message. More importantly, we want a personal-looking signature so it looks less like spam.

We currently don't use your easy "email" option because of this, even though by not doing so, I have to go in and manually change 3 statuses : Job>Proposed, Estimate>Sent, Contract>Sent.

Keep up the excellent work~

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to differentiate between job contacts and other contacts and give only lead contacttts job numbers

The way we do our jobs is we have a contact, and under it we assign it a job. We often have multiple jobs under one contact because we consider the water remediation a job and the repairs a separate job. However, since they are under the same loss, same customer, they get the same job number with a different suffix. E.G. 19-1040-MIT Smith, and 19-1040-REC Smith. It would be really nice if you elect only your leads to get job #'s, and that you could assign the jobs under the contact the same job # with a different suffix.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. view all attachments in a job

When we create a Job, it consists of One or more Tasks and potentially Sub-tasks. Tasks often have attachments related to the task and various notes.

When you view a Job, one should be able to see all documents and notes related to the job. Probably a good way to implement this would be to have a checkbox that, when checked, would expand the list of items returned to include items in the job and everything below it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Jobs Sorted by date of Notes

Is it possible to sort jobs on boards by date of last note entered? It would be beneficial to see jobs sorted by date of notes added to see progress or know when it was last checked.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. show only activities, attachments,financials related to it's specific job

We often have more than one Job that is related to a single customer. When you select one of the jobs, the interface should display only those items related to the job. It's really confusing when you view a job and see stuff from other jobs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Printouts of Jobs without System Activity notes

Our superintendents like to have hard copies (i.e. print outs) of their jobs, but currently, there are no filters/options available to print out a job without all the system activity notes (i.e. "Job was created" - Job updated from Customer Services --> Re-roof ,etc.).

This filter would be highly useful for our roofers out in the field who may not have a JN account but who just need a copy of job info with contact info and activity notes made by users without the clutter of having to weed through irrelevant technical/system activity notes.

Please create a filter feature to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Turn numbers of days Red when overdue

when too many jobs we look for the oldest jobs
    But would be better to have the most urgent ones sort out first
    by turning the days in status red, we could easily do so

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Auto assign jobs at certain job status

Would like the ability to auto assign jobs to sales reps once the job reaches a certain status in the job workflow

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Sales Rep's names to Jobs screen on app

Currently on the app, a Group Manager cannot look at the Job List and tell which jobs are his. Additionally, he cannot ID which Sales Rep is taking care of which job....they're all mixed together.

Group Managers need the Sales Reps names listed next to the Job so they know quickly who is in charge of which job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A timeline option to run jobs

If there is a way to implement a timeline on each job. It would help organize and run jobs efficiently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Job status in middle of page

the job status is the most important feature it should be after the job name
    at the center the status make people decide if work or not on the job
    it would push the mind state to push to completion
    and you should add a completion green bar under the completed task %

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?