JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Contacts & Jobs

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Balance Due Display

Display in red on the right side of the contacts/jobs header the total of any balances due.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. job Id in the jobs list

Id like to be able to see the job id in the table on the jobs tab

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. the option to display customer name with last name, first name

It would be super helpful to have the ability to set the customer display name field to reflect last name first (ex. Smith, John). Our accountant requires customers listed as such for quickbooks and it would be beneficial to have everything flow the same across Job Nimbus/Quickbooks. Currently, we have to manually adjust the customer display name each time a new customer is added. Having a setting where the display name is automatically adjusted to our preference, would be great. I understand you can create a report and pull by last name, yet this is more for searching customer's files…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow columns on description

we work with clients for about a year, there's so much interaction
    the description is the only thing that allow us to separate what matters from all useless activity saving us time and keeping us updated in short time.
    Currently if we receive a phone call we have to read the activity before
    we can answer, and must of the people hung up.
    this has to be fixed soon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity & Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to make Built-In Fields Required/Mandatory (e.g. Lead Source)

Really need to be able to require specific fields in the contact & job information, ESPECIALLY lead source.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  10 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mapping tool that is useful...

What we would like as an end result, is to be able to choose a job status, for example, “Repairs – Ready for Production” and have everything in that status in a printable map. Ideally with at least a NAME associated with the pin on the map.
    Currently, we can only map jobs that have been assigned a starting/ending date using the calendar, and even then there is no way of identifying what job the pin on the map is.
    We’d like to be able to Print off the map as a tool for geographically handling groups of jobs that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Auto-Complete for Address Fields (Google Maps sourced suggestions)

I know I've used other programs with it already but like when you start to type the street address in it has a drop down of suggestions of addresses (I assume pulled from Google) . for example. I create a contact, go down to start putting their address in "123 e. mai" and a drop down would pop down with "123 e main st, columbus ohio 43214" and with additional suggestions starting with what I have typed in.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unread Email indicator on Board Cards

When someone emails you to jobnimbus directly the person file should be highlighted until open

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show related Contact and/or Job in Mapping pins

Currently I can only see pins on the Map when I try to find all my jobs which have a particular task open. When clicking on the pin, the name of the associated job and/or contact does not show up which makes it unusable honestly. I believe this would be an easy fix.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Customize Sold Date for past jobs (imports, data entry)

I wish there was a feature that allowed you to change the "sold date" right now when you enter a contact into the database it automatically sets a sold date as the date it was entered into the system. I want the sold date that is used in the sales and lead reports to match my contract date (which i have added myself in the contact fields) so that when i run those reports it is accurate. Our sales team is currently not using JobNimbus in the field we are using it for office and production only right now. So…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to manually edit days in status

Need to be able to manually edit/override the days a job/customer is in a particular status. This could be set at manager or admin level. Especially important when importing info from different system, or when adjusting workflow, or correcting errors when moving jobs around.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Separate Start Date and Due Date built-in fields

I would like to be able to track when we start work on a job by entering a start date and then separately enter a due date. My current workaround is to create my own fields for this.

Currently, JN built in start date is considered also a due date and appears red if the date is past. Having these two names mean the same thing makes absolutely no sense to me for a project can start on one date and by due on a different date.

To me, a start date is a date you would start working on…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Share Portal for Aggregating Share Links and Job Info (Customers, Subcontractors, etc)

I do work for some large property managers that have their own app we have to log into to complete the work orders they send us, get client COS signatures, and upload photos. It would be amazing if JN could adopt this as well. This way, I can send a WO to a sub, they can access it, add their corrective actions and any other notes, take before, during, and after pictures, get signatures, then complete the work order/invoice, and we'll have everything we need to document the work completed and pay them. From there, they can track the status…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 'Records Per Page' Setting in Contacts/Jobs List View

When viewing the list of jobs on the jobs database, it only displays 10 at a time. I see there is a place to customize the "list" however it doesn't give me the option to choose how many are displayed. I'd like to have the option on here to adjust the number of jobs displayed just like we can in reports.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Checklists

Also include option to make required before changing status.

We have a fairly extensive workflow list (over 40 items) for one of our job types. I have struggled whether to build the list "past tense or future tense" with steps that "still need to be done" or "have been done" ex: Need to Order Permit vs. Permit ordered. The issue is if a job has a workflow status that has been completed (Permit ordered) its not really displaying what i need to do next. Also a problem is if we do steps out of turn which often happens then we…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Customize Cards on Boards

Would like to be able to customize the information displayed on the cards in boards.

• Job Number
    • Start Date
    • Company Name
    • Custom Fields
    • Address Line 1
    • City
    • Etc.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Companies (parents to Contacts)

• Allows Contacts to inherit attributes from Companies
    • Several Contacts under one company
    • Associate a Company with a Job
    • Communicate with all Contacts under Company at once

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This definitely seems like something we would do as part of “Company” support where if only a Company name is added, then it would change to a Company icon rather than a Contact icon.

20. recognize hyperlinks in fields

If a field is a text and a hyperlink is entered, I wish JN would recognize it as a hyperlink that we could click and open in a new tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Contacts & Jobs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base