JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Contacts & Jobs

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize Cards on Boards

Would like to be able to customize the information displayed on the cards in boards.

• Job Number
    • Start Date
    • Company Name
    • Custom Fields
    • Address Line 1
    • City
    • Etc.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Companies (parents to Contacts)

• Allows Contacts to inherit attributes from Companies
    • Several Contacts under one company
    • Associate a Company with a Job
    • Communicate with all Contacts under Company at once

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This definitely seems like something we would do as part of “Company” support where if only a Company name is added, then it would change to a Company icon rather than a Contact icon.

3. recognize hyperlinks in fields

If a field is a text and a hyperlink is entered, I wish JN would recognize it as a hyperlink that we could click and open in a new tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to add Address information to Team Members

At present, Team Members have a telephone and email field, but it address fields would be nice AND if possible, a field for a SMS field where a Members cell phone address could be entered for text messages such as 0000000000@vzwpix.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multi-Select Dropdown Option Field Type

I love the new "Option" Field in JN, however, I would like to see another field or an option when creating this field to allow users to select as many as they want from the dropdown.

My current work around is to create two or more separate Option fields. It is a little overwhelming though how long the "Edit Job" or "Edit Contact" screen appears when you have so many fields added to it, especially when it could be condensed by allowing this suggestion of a "Check all that apply" type field to be added.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Custom Fields by Type (Contact, Job, WO)

Custom fields should be linked to the contact type (the same should apply to job type, and WO Templates as well). This way we can have custom fields based on the contact type we are using. Instead of fields that aren't applicable to the contact type.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Section Headers for Fields (Built-In and Custom)

It would be nice if customizable section headers could be added to fields for jobs or contacts. For example: "Sales" header for all fields listed under the sales header. "Billing" header for all fields associated with billing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Right Click Cards to Open In New Tab/Window

Please make a contact inside a board "right click - able"

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Activity Default to "All" instead of "User Created"

We would prefer if the activity for a job populated to "All" instead of "User Created" (or make a setting to change in back end) because we have to change it every time to get "all" the information for a job; thus, defaulting to show you/us everything relevant, instead of only the user created items.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Activity & Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We already have this planned and coming soon! Basically what will happen is it’ll remember what you last had it set to, so if you set it to All then it will always be on All until you change it to something else.

Stay tuned!

10. Ability to Disable the Financial Tab on Contacts

I generate my estimates at the "Job". Having a "financials" tab at both the Contact level and Job Level causes confusion. I'd like to ability to disable the Financials tab at the Contact Level in order to avoid this confusion.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom Sort Order On Boards (Drag Up & Down)

option to drag/drop jobs on board within the same column
    I do scheduling for a roofing company in FL. Needless to say, the jobs are always moving around. Instead of having to change the start date, status, info under the job, it would be cool to be able to move it up/down or be able to drag it where i wanted to within the same column so i don't have to go in and edit. This would save me so many steps and be able to keep up with the ever changing schedule. I am only able to drag/drop from…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Restrict Moving Job out of Certain Statuses (Protected Statuses)

- Is there a way to restrict a team member from pulling a job out of a status with in the workflow. For example if our simple work flow is lead – contract – permit – production – invoicing. Can we make it so only one person or Access profile can pull job out of the permit status regardless of where they place it (forward / backward / skip ahead). We want to make sure things aren’t being forced ahead until a specific task is completed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  5 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Address Auto-Fill

Our current system (Mhelpdesk) when I start to type an address, it automatically pulls it up. If I type 157 it will pull everything in the world with 157, but usually it is the first address I need at top. This feature saves me so much time.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Deeper Supplier Capabilities

If we could have a drop down list of contacts that are suppliers when making a material order. It would also automatically assign the supplier to the job and when its time to email it would send to that supplier.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to view Contact, Job, WO details from board, cycle through

They need a forward and backwards button on the contact page so that it moves through the contacts on that board.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Formatting for Notes Text

Bold, Italic, Underline, color, etc.

It would be nice to be able to bold or change the color of text in notes to make them stand out

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Activity & Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Activity should include Automation events, notifications

We have automated notifications that are emailed to our clients. The System created activities should include copies of those emails send out or at least a note that it was done

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Activity & Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Days Since (Age Tracking)

Jobs in a certain status since..., invoice in a status since...

Once an invoice has been sent out it would be nice if JobNimbus had a way of keeping them in an aging que that tracks how many days go by with out payment and it makes you aware of when invoices are nearing their due date, due and when they are past due. Maybe like a green, yellow, red system. I think this would not only be helpful for those in billing but it would allow follow up with the clients before invoices become due.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve added Days in Status to board cards for Contacts, Jobs, and Work Orders. You can also see this number in the Details screens and in a column on your reports.

While we haven’t added this to estimates and invoices yet, this should give you a good leg up to do some cool stuff!

Enjoy!

19. View Contacts on a Map (Print)

my previous database had the ability to show my contacts on a map. it was very helpful when a storm hit so i could look and see if any of my contacts were potentially hit. do you have this capability? would be very helpful

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We don’t have this functionality yet, but it’s something that we’re looking into. Currently you can view your scheduled tasks on the calendar on a map, but not the actual contact list yet.

We’ll update here as we get closer.

20. Way to Prevent Adding Items to Contacts when Jobs are Enabled

We use jobs and have all records contained within jobs. It would be great if, when jobs are activated, there would be a pop-up saying "Are you sure you want to record this estimate/invoice etc. under the Contact?" or some other fail-safe as a visual reminder for our users. Alternatively, being able to move a recorded estimate/invoice from the Contact level to the Job level would also suffice.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Contacts & Jobs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base