JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Contacts & Jobs

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import Jobs

I'd like to be able to upload jobs into JN like we have for contacts right now.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a map that would display all customers and jobs, which would be differentiated by each sales rep

We distribute leads based on where the sales reps have been working.
    It would be great to have a map where we can put in an address (the new lead) and it will show the location among pinpoints that represent all "contacts" and "jobs"- which would vary in color based on the sales rep (or instead of different colors, click on or drag mouse over pins to see who the sales rep is for the surrounding pins)

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  18 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Customization of Field Layout in Contacts, Jobs, Tasks

Allow users to move the fields around (order of them) when adding, editing, and viewing Jobs and Contacts, and hide built-in fields that are not applicable to a specific workflow.

This should be customizable per Workflow so that different Contact/Job types have different field requirements according to their needs.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Other Email, Phone, and Address Fields (e.g. billing) for Contacts

Add more fields for additional phone, email, and physical addresses for contacts.

I would like to have the ability to enter contacts home as well as their business addresses and emails. It could be a second contact address rather than marked as as a home address, This would mean for employees for instance you can write to them at their home address or have a second email address for a contact. This save having to set up two contacts for the same person and the confusion this causes.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  35 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to Duplicate (Contacts, Jobs)

As certain jobs are duplicated (i.e. repeats), it would be great to have a function that enabled duplication of jobs when creating a 'new' job rather than having to reenter the data.

Sometimes we need to add another contact from the same company, so duplicating all info and related items, etc and just changing the name.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have a visual indicator to show when a job file hasn't been updated recently.

Some flag (visible in the Job List) to indicate a job that hasn't been updated in several days.

I.E. - A green dot to show an updated job, a yellow if it hasn't been updated (whether journal note, task, etc) in a couple days, and a red flag if the job has gone several days without attention.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bulk/Batch Edit

Have bulk (batch, mass) update and edit capabilities for contacts, jobs, etc.

- Assign, un-assign, reassign team members
    - Change status of several items at once
    - Mark multiple tasks as complete
    - Tags

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  17 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Phone Number field in Jobs

When creating a jobs I would like a area to enter the persons phone number so it can appear on the top of the page when I am looking at the job. I don't want to click on contact to pull up a number.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Contact & Job Merging

Is there a way to merge 2 or more contacts together

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update: We just released a Duplicate Contact checker for when creating new contacts on the web. It will now let you know before hitting Save that you’re adding a duplicate, which should prevent future duplicates and might help this situation. You can learn more about it here: http://www.jobnimbus.com/blog/2016/08/24/august-update-duplicate-contacts-email-delivery-status-more/
    -
    Currently we do not have the ability to merge contact records, but I made sure this was in our development queue and will update as we make progress.

10. boards all showed on the same page

If you could have all your boards displayed open vertically as well as horizontally, it would make navigating thru the boards so much easier!

Right now you have to click on each board and move projects from stage to stage, but when you want to relocate a project to a different board its difficult.. where if all your boards opened, you could just pick your project up and scroll down to the board you would like to place it. It would be easy and convenient to move projects along in their current board, but also super easy to move them…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A Maps Pinpoint Locator in ADD NEW JOB

Please add what is in screenshot.

Screenshot 1 shows the item to be added to ADD NEW JOB
    Screenshot 2 shows the aftermath once clicked.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More than 35 options available for Options List custom field

I need more than 35 text and options list in Custom Fields. I have important information that needs to be conveyed to everyone. Preferably I should have unlimited text and options lists.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your submission! Could you let us know a couple of examples of info that you’d like to enter here but can’t fully because of the current limit? Also, if you could provide an estimate of how many fields, besides unlimited :), would meet your needs?

Let us know and we’ll see what we can do. Thanks!

13. View More

On the Jobs tab, list feature. Viewing more than 10 at a time would be helpful. We have hundreds of appointments per month and need to be able to see more than just 10 at once

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Board List View

Customization of each board like we can have on the List feature. Each board is a step in production and being able to view that like the list feature as well would be helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Deeper Board Functionality (card quicklook and actions)

I've tried your boards, but please broaden the functionality of the board. Please see attachment.

(Attachment from TRELLO)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. the ability to edit the date on a notes...

I wish there was feature that allowed you to edit the date of your note. I try to keep up with my notes but on days that I'm swamped I wish I could log and edit the date and time of my notes as needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity & Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve "Related" checkbox behavior

At present, the ability to create a Contact and then a Job is nice because you can have many Jobs for one Contact. In this, you can have many Related Contacts like say an Adjuster related contact. However, when the Related check box is ON, you can see Related ACTIVITIES for both the Job and the Contact AND for the OTHER Related Contacts (like the Adjuster).

This causes confusion when sometimes looking at say a Job, you see in the Activity, notes that have nothing to do with the file. Unchecking the Related Contact box makes that go away but…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Custom Job and Contact Fields Pick List Limits

At present, the picklist is limited to 50. Please increase that to at least 75 since there are many more items than 50 and assuming your databases are not hinged from this it would be great if you increase the pick list to 100.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notification for Returning Lead (status set back to Lead after being lost)

It would be great if existing sales reps could be notified when a previous customer is reactivated and reassigned to them. If a notification can go to their phones just like when a new customer is assigned it would make it easier for them to stay on top of their new leads.

Ex. Sales rep worked with customer 2 years ago. The customer was archived when the job was finished. Now the same customer calls for a new inspection and same sales rep is still working in that area. The rep should be notified that he has a new lead…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Contacts & Jobs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base