JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Settings

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manage Team screen

please alphabetize this page. I have 45 users and about to add 35 more. Its very surprising how this is not already in place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There should be an all location option so you don't have to enter the same category for each location

There should be an all location option in settings: product and services, so you don't have to enter the same category for each location. If you have 20 locations, you have to enter the same category 20 times.... Makes it a little tedious when trying to take over the construction world lol

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Products & Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Assigned To as Part of Automation Triggers

At present, we can create triggers but we do not see a way to Add a sales rep or other Team member automatically as Assigned To. For example, when creating a Task based on a trigger, we can set a Task or Email etc but Assigned To is not possible at time of trigger/automation creation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Work orders and automation

Trying to automate work orders when completed to move the parent contact from a certain status to another status, the issue is that we may have multiple work orders for one job but only one work order for another, then when we move the worker order to completed it wont move the parent file to the new status because only one work order was created. Is there a way to base the status change regardless of how many work orders you create for a parent file?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Labor tax

I wish job Nimbus had the ability to figure workmen’s comp and other labor taxes automatically. When we figure up job cost this “Labor Tax” is taken out as part of the job cost. This is a percentage that’s base on the total labor cost. I attached an excel sheet that explains what I’m talking about.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Taxes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Time Uploaded

It would be great if we could see what Time an item was uploaded to an account

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Product cost cursor placement

When creating or editing a product/service you can click on the Cost field and the cursor starts after the zero. when you hit tab it would be nice for the cursor to be after the zero again instead of in front.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Products & Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Feature to Debug Automation Rules

It would be extremely useful if there was a checkbox in the Automation rule to enable "debugging" and, if enabled, a text box for an email address of where to send the debug log. When enabled, the rule would log each condition evaluated and any resulting information as to why an action may have failed. Same goes for Actions (if it failed, report it)

For Example:
    Condition1: Task Type .eq. "MyTaskType"

Task being tested: Task Name "email to my boss"
    Task Type .eq. "Email"

Result: FAIL

When Rule has finished and has any failed condition or action, the log of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customized Job fields according to job status

automation for jobs is not possible if we are forced to fill the jobs fields from the beginning with N/A Please allow us to work by adding this simple feature Example Job status Lead and we get to choose the fields for it
    in my situation i need to trigger a task when the deductible field is filled
    but that information is only provided up to 5 months later
    that job field is essential so i can't remove it so am forced to fill N/A from the beginning and remain unable to create automation
    you guys really need to look…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Trigger Child Status Change based on Parent Status Changes

Work orders can change their parent contact status based on conditions. Contact statuses should be able to create or change work orders and/or work order statuses based on set conditions.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Closing Invoices

The system should automatically close invoices once the balance hits $0. I have a bunch that have no balance, but are flagged as sent instead of closed. Would make reporting much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Update templates when Products & Services change

Currently, we use a few different estimate, work order, and material order templates. If we update our cost in the system, the template remains at the old costs. This means re-creating the templates often.

It would be nice if the templates pulled from current cost/pricing.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Products & Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Access profiles have unique lists of task types, activity note types, etc.

A user that is a 'Sales Rep' for instance would only be able to see or choose from a list of 10 task types, even though the entire system has 50 task types.

Or 5 different activity note types that only apply to them, versus seeing every activity note type that exists in their drop down.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access Profiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More Automation controls for timing and code snippets

1. When setting the number of days for a task/etc to happen, it would be really beneficial to have the ability to exclude weekends. So after 3 (business days) I want X to be done. If I just put in 3 days, those tasks go on the calendar for weekends at times and then those action items get missed because no one is checking for tasks on the weekends.

2. After out sales team goes on a call I have given them x number of days to then get out quotes etc. These automated tasks are triggered by an automation…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MultiLocation

At present, we can enter multiple locations. however, the name of the business cannot be the same. Since LLCs require the LLC in the name, it should be that the name can be the same as long as there is a location Short Code entered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ability to create a limited access profile by "lead source"

Can you please create a "limited access" profile option wherein we can limit the user's access to jobs & contacts based on the lead source?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More Completion Action description On Rules display

Current example:

Create Task: Design & Estimate
    Change Status (Parent Job)
    Send Email Design

I'd like it to show additional info that was defined in the action setup:

Create Task: Design & Estimate Name: The actual name of my task
    Change Status (Parent Job) Status: GTS-Design
    Send Email Design Subject: Then subject of the email.

This would make it much easier to quickly view what the rule is going to do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Feature to specify a tag in the task when you create it via automation

Add the Tag field to the window you fill out to auto-create a task.

That way,one could check the tag in the task when the task is completed and the automation process would know how to set the job status and also create the next set of tasks and send out appropriate notifications.

One could do this by creating lots of additional task types, but I think using tags, is a cleaner approach

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. better automation functions

It would be great if we could automate creation of documents and invoices, and then emailing those documents as attachments.

Example: I change the status of a job to "Completed," and then JobNimbus runs through the automated triggers of "when job status is completed, create Certificate of Completion," "when job status is completed, create invoice," when job status is completed, email invoice to customer."

Things like that. A big reason that I chose JN was that I believed that I could accomplish multiple things with one click, and I am not getting that.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base