JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Financials

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be really nice to have the option for pre and post budgets so we could use them as comparison but also the pre not count in reports

It would be really nice to have the option for pre and post budgets so we could use them as comparison but also the pre not count in reports

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AUTOMATED RULES FOR COMMISSION

I don't want to manually add my commission every time I complete a job. I want to add my cost and price to my invoice, and auto-calculate the commission to the rep on the job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Logging expenses more effectively inside the app

We would like a way of logging expenses more efficiently inside the app. When someone runs to a hardware store or roofing supplier to pick up some additional material we need a more efficient way of tracking this in JobNimbus. We do not want to create a material order which would require that we have the products entered into products and services. We would also like to attach the receipt as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Print or Export Budgets

I think this may be my third time posting about this. I'm just confused as to why this doesn't exist when the feature is already present in Job Nimbus.

Budgets, currently as they stand, have no ability to be Printed or to be exported as a CSV (The Budget Report that would only show you the Totals and Profit of each budget is not an answer to this.)

Every other Financial Document (Invoice, Credit Memo, Material Order, Estimate) can all be printed out in PDF format, but Budgets do not have this feature. But personally I would prefer it if…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multiple Budget Templates

Would like to have multiple budget templates available. This should be an easy thing to code and will allow us to have different people on different compensation models.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Job Costing between QBO & JN.

Job Costing between QBO & JN.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Comissions Based on Customer Payment

We pay sales commissions as the customer pays progress payments. Is there a way to track commission based on customer payments?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Convert Material Order to Budget

My company could really use a "job costing" feature. Basically it does the same thing as the Budget, but it communicates with the Material Order or Work Order. I need something that allows me to input a total contract price and then calculates my overhead as a percentage of that price. Then it imports my Material Order and subtracts those costs from the total, allows me to input labor costs, and can calculate other fees based on the number of roofing squares. We use an excel spreadsheet for our job costing (or Precap) but we have to double enter the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Budget CSV Export

Budgets are a great tool, but would be much better with the simple ability to export it like a report.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Approval of commission in budget & reports

Please add an option of "Mark Approved" on the budget commission this way We can have a report filter that will show us what job commissions are to be paid instead of just a list of all unpaid commissions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unique budget templates for locations

I would love to be able to make Budget templates that are unique to my individual offices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. include material order total as a line on the budget

have a click box next to the total amount in the material order to set it as a line item in the budget.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. budget price automated from invoice total

have a click box next to the total amount in the invoice to set it as the budget price.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Budget Quickbooks Sync with Material Orders

there is no link between material order amounts and the rest of the crm.

There needs to be the ability to pull a report with the actual numbers, sync those to QB, or at least push them to create a budget. You are forcing double entry because I cannot find any way to push the data - even internally - to be useful. As a result, we still have to cost everything out of quickbooks. I could get a contact sync to quickbooks anywhere - this is really disappointing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. reference to show to which estimate is budget allocated

it would be good when doing budget from estimte so that there is a description box in budget so I can see from which estimate is this budget made. we have jobs with some having 10-20 estimates and the same amount of budgets and it would make it much easier to allocate them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Commissions Approval

It would be nice if a sales rep can enter a budget and commission request, then request approval. Management would need to pull a budget report with a filter for "unpaid commissions" to fix this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Purchase order

Build a purchase order system that links to quickbooks and builds off of the way quickbooks does it. Be able to convert to budgets.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Could you provide specific key differences between our existing Material Order system and the Purchase Order system you’re looking for? What would you like to see us add in order to make it work better for you?

Please let us know, thanks!

18. A commission sheet that i can print off for salesman

I really wish there was a section where I could print off a commission sheet for salesman. Right now I am building one in the budget form for them and then printing it. There is not a print button in this section and it makes it very difficult. We would also like the option of net profit.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Material & Labor in Budgets

Add material & labor lines to budgets for better job costing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Job Profit Calculation (Job Costing)

Once all said and done, It would be nice to get a profit calculated for the Job. The 'Budget" has some nice features that could accomplish some of these things but would need to expanded. Some of the things to include
    1) Material cost
    2) Labor Cost (per employee) Cost vary
    3) a)Original price Line for projject
    b) Added/Subtracted Change orders as line items
    c) Total Job Price
    4) More choices, teirs to calculate the commission
    5) Able to print out as well as save per job

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base