JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Financials

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Warning When Attempting to Edit, Attach to Contacts/Jobs that are Archived

Have a pop up on Paid and Closed clients when someone attempts to add an attachment?
    We are running into an issue with invoices added to the job after it is closed - which we can adjust - but the person needs to be informed it is Paid and Closed so they can contact the office.

The pop-up could say, "Paid and Closed Client. Do you wish to proceed?"

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. better template fields

Could we please be able to insert our reps phone numbers and email addresses into documents?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Accept/Decline Estimate From Email

Customer should be able to accept or decline estimate from the email sent and offer them a digital signature which would then show accepted in the job. This would then make our automations proceed.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Estimates - material and labor cost with own markup

Currently items under products and services have three quantities, Cost, markup and price. It would be awesome to have: material cost, material cost markup, labor cost, labor cost markup and a final price. And on the estimate have those two extra columns as well with totals at the bottom.

Having this feature would allow us to track labor cost and material cost per job with out having to jump through a lot of calculation hoops to get there.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Percentage finance charge

We would like to be able to assess a finance charge on a past due invoice at a certain percentage rate that could change... At this time, it has to be manually calculated.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. option to insert a field that is the hyperlink back to the contact/job.

Sometimes we use automation to send emailed alerts via a template. Currently the templates allow for a lot of different options for field inserts but I did not see any option to choose the hyperlink for the contact or job anywhere. This would be a very useful addition for us because then when an user receives an alert, they can click on the hyperlink to open the contact/job in a new tab. This will both save time and make emailed automation notifications easier to use!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to attach pictures and attachments to an invoice

Some how connect this feature to a template capability.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Estimate Options (e.g. Good, Better, Best)

On the estimate be able to have options. So that the options do not all total together at the bottom. Right now it gives an unaccurate total amount.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  15 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom Payment Methods

Need to customize Payment Methods and be able to edit other payment methods. I.E. In house Finance, Greensky, PayPal, Square, ect.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we don’t currently have support for this on the JobNimbus side, if you’re using QuickBooks Desktop, you can add custom payment methods to QBD and then map them to existing ones in JobNimbus in order to have those sync properly.

We’ll keep this on our list to address in a future update.

10. Decimal Point Control - More or less decimal points in Quantity

Some of our billing is progressive on the terms of 3 payments broken into 1/3, 1/3, then the balance. If I put .33333333 (since JN doesn't automatically convert the fraction 1/3 to a decimal) in the quantity column and the price of $16500, JN returns a value of $5445.00 which is due to the fact JN takes my .33333333 and shortens it to .33.
    $16500 x .33 = $5445
    $16500 x .333333333 = $5500

$5445 is $55 short of the $5500 I should be charging on our first bill.

Of course the workaround in the meantime is to enter "1/3…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More control of editing estimate templates

I am trying to edit an estimate template and would like to edit the name of it to reflect what I am using it for but can only edit items. Also, would be nice to be able to duplicate a template as I can use various template versions of exterior door install, include paint/stain, install trim or not, etc etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to attach EagleViews or Scope Reports to Work Orders

I see the awesome new feature that allows us to attach photos to work orders or material orders.

This would be great if it could extend to other documents in attachments. For instance; if we could attach the Eagle View along with the Roof Labor Order, it would be more efficient on our end!

I have seen that this idea has been "completed" but it only allows attachment of photos onto labor/material orders for me.....Does our version of Nimbus not support the new function?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option for Net Profit for Commissions in Budgets

Running Commissions in Budget would be easier if we had the option to split commission by net profit

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Budgets & Job Costing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Customer approval for Estimates

If customers could sign with their finger on phone or tablet an approval for the estimate that was just sent to them and alert you right away.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Move Invoice and Estimate to different Contact

When there is an error with linking an invoice/estimate/etc to a wrong account, I am unable to find an option to change the "contact" to the correct one when I open up the document. Please make the "contact" field editable like other fields are in JN.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  10 comments  ·  Estimates & Invoices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Completely Customize Work Order Templates

While I've been able to customize the work orders to some degree, there are a few things that I would like to adjust and can't. Complete customization would be great!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Work Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Optional non-financial section in estimates

We have some clauses that are not financially related that we want to include in our estimates. We can hide the amount of the line item but a $0.00 still shows up in the section heading. We'd like to add a section in the estimate that is not financial such as terms and disclosures.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Supplier Information / Material Order Fields to Material Orders

Unable to add custom fields or which supplier I am using to the Material Order

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Material Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion!

In the meantime, you should be able to create custom Contact fields (or Job fields if you have Jobs enabled) for “Supplier” and other fields you want to appear on the Material Order and then have them inserted into the Material Order templates upon creation.

20. A check list for material orders

It would be nice to be able to send a checklist of the materials to acquire for a job to a employee so they can go to a supplier and pick up the items needed and not miss anything. To be able to have a supplier field, SKU #, and possible an image and/or supplier url link to that product.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Material Orders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base