JobNimbus Feedback

Have suggestions for how we can improve? Share them in the categories, or vote for the ideas you like best. We want to hear your feedback!

Please only include one suggestion per post. While we can't respond to every suggestion, we are committed to reviewing every suggestion individually.

Contacts & Jobs

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to make Built-In Fields Required/Mandatory (e.g. Lead Source)

Really need to be able to require specific fields in the contact & job information, ESPECIALLY lead source.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Viewed  ·  10 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. have to not put entire year in "contract date" to update teh job

Be able to just use the 2 digit year instead of 4 in the contract date field

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Board Tabs for quicker navigation between boards

Place all the board tabs at top of the board you are currently working in. That way when you want to swich to a different board you don't have to go back to contact tab to click out of current board and tehn click into different board. This would be a real time saver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Properties to Hierarchy

The idea of having multiple jobs on one contact is a very good start, but I believe there should be one added layer to that hierarchy, and that's Properties. Essentially, it should go: Contact > Property > Job > Work Orders/Material Orders/Estimates/Invoices, etc. This will allow us to easily segregate and organize information for multiple purposes. I have attached a picture of a quick whiteboard drawing I did to illustrate this hierarchy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Balance Due Display

Display in red on the right side of the contacts/jobs header the total of any balances due.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve "Related" checkbox behavior

At present, the ability to create a Contact and then a Job is nice because you can have many Jobs for one Contact. In this, you can have many Related Contacts like say an Adjuster related contact. However, when the Related check box is ON, you can see Related ACTIVITIES for both the Job and the Contact AND for the OTHER Related Contacts (like the Adjuster).

This causes confusion when sometimes looking at say a Job, you see in the Activity, notes that have nothing to do with the file. Unchecking the Related Contact box makes that go away but…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. job Id in the jobs list

Id like to be able to see the job id in the table on the jobs tab

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. the option to display customer name with last name, first name

It would be super helpful to have the ability to set the customer display name field to reflect last name first (ex. Smith, John). Our accountant requires customers listed as such for quickbooks and it would be beneficial to have everything flow the same across Job Nimbus/Quickbooks. Currently, we have to manually adjust the customer display name each time a new customer is added. Having a setting where the display name is automatically adjusted to our preference, would be great. I understand you can create a report and pull by last name, yet this is more for searching customer's files…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow columns on description

we work with clients for about a year, there's so much interaction
    the description is the only thing that allow us to separate what matters from all useless activity saving us time and keeping us updated in short time.
    Currently if we receive a phone call we have to read the activity before
    we can answer, and must of the people hung up.
    this has to be fixed soon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity & Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mapping tool that is useful...

What we would like as an end result, is to be able to choose a job status, for example, “Repairs – Ready for Production” and have everything in that status in a printable map. Ideally with at least a NAME associated with the pin on the map.
    Currently, we can only map jobs that have been assigned a starting/ending date using the calendar, and even then there is no way of identifying what job the pin on the map is.
    We’d like to be able to Print off the map as a tool for geographically handling groups of jobs that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Custom Job and Contact Fields Pick List Limits

At present, the picklist is limited to 50. Please increase that to at least 75 since there are many more items than 50 and assuming your databases are not hinged from this it would be great if you increase the pick list to 100.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notification for Returning Lead (status set back to Lead after being lost)

It would be great if existing sales reps could be notified when a previous customer is reactivated and reassigned to them. If a notification can go to their phones just like when a new customer is assigned it would make it easier for them to stay on top of their new leads.

Ex. Sales rep worked with customer 2 years ago. The customer was archived when the job was finished. Now the same customer calls for a new inspection and same sales rep is still working in that area. The rep should be notified that he has a new lead…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unread Email indicator on Board Cards

When someone emails you to jobnimbus directly the person file should be highlighted until open

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Auto-Complete for Address Fields (Google Maps sourced suggestions)

I know I've used other programs with it already but like when you start to type the street address in it has a drop down of suggestions of addresses (I assume pulled from Google) . for example. I create a contact, go down to start putting their address in "123 e. mai" and a drop down would pop down with "123 e main st, columbus ohio 43214" and with additional suggestions starting with what I have typed in.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. the option to edit the job fields in place

We have added many addition custom fields to our jobs. Some fields are altered in different phases of the job process. It would be helpful to be able to edit those field directly without have to go to edit for each job each time a change is needed. Some fields are as simple as True/False or Setting a date.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion! Could you give me a couple of specific fields you’re thinking of and the circumstances around them being changed during the process? I want to make sure I’m understanding fully so we can provide the best possible solution.

Thank you!

18. The ability to let sales rep the option to view their contacts on a map or list.

The ability to let sales rep the option to view and keep track of their contacts on a map or a list.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show related Contact and/or Job in Mapping pins

Currently I can only see pins on the Map when I try to find all my jobs which have a particular task open. When clicking on the pin, the name of the associated job and/or contact does not show up which makes it unusable honestly. I believe this would be an easy fix.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Maps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to manually edit days in status

Need to be able to manually edit/override the days a job/customer is in a particular status. This could be set at manager or admin level. Especially important when importing info from different system, or when adjusting workflow, or correcting errors when moving jobs around.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Viewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Contacts & Jobs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base